Issue #31 - After Hours

(Sophie POV)

It has been two weeks since the events during the Champion Underground Convention, and in that time we have been laying low at our current base, Mother Wasp's home.

Master was shocked when he watched Super Live and realized that someone had leaked footage of his impressiveness. Even more so when Stellar released the public statement that he was a dangerous foe that evaded her multiple times and should be watched out for.

Since then he has seemed more stressed. It reminded me of after the Masquerade Ball, except it has continued. He is good at hiding it, but I pay more attention to Master than anyone else. Of course I notice, it is only proper of a good servant.

Whether it is because of Stellar, his brother, the leaked footage, or the increasing incidents of crimes done in ski masks, I was not sure of. He has not stated.

I did not know what haunted my Master, nor what has made him more stressed these past two weeks, but I will be there whenever he needs anything.

I have been keeping an eye out on the term 'Ski Mask' for Master because of his newly known public presence and stress. As for the changing results of 'Ski Mask' upon the internet, I have kept my findings to myself in order to not stress out my Master any more.

That is to say that the results are unsatisfactory. There has been a few pieces of art and fanfictions of the concept of Ski Mask x Stellar popping up for some odd reason. I do not understand what these people are thinking.

Would it not be more natural for Ski Mask x The Maid? Do they not see how this is a better pairing? The other one is simply absurd. I have tried advocating for the obvious better pairing, but no one seems to agree with my views.

However, fortunately I haven't seen any Ski Mask x Mother Wasp. That woman causes some sort of unsettling and uncomfortableness within me that I am not sure how to describe. Emotions are difficult.

All I know is that I refuse to hand her over to Master. Just because she is his boss doesn't give her the right to be constantly hanging off of him. Not to mention the multiple times she has attempted to lure him into her bedroom. I shall not allow her to infect Master with her depravity.

It is unacceptable. If our lodging was not free I would have destroyed this place long ago with Mother Wasp inside.

But it is important we spare the expenses we can. It makes it easier on Master and his goal of keeping his younger brother alive. Whatever Master's goal is becomes my goal as well. Especially if it helps him with becoming less stressed.

Master has already retired for the night, sleeping peacefully in his bed. I stared at him as he slept, replaying a variety of his voice clips within my head.

The nine Master audio clips had grown into forty-three audio clips that I constantly cycled through when I observed Master. And with the outlet close enough to the bed, I have been able to both charge and observe Master at once.

The charging is not as sufficient as I am still mostly powered on instead of being in sleeping mode. However, it is worth it in order to spend this time every night.

However, I can't help but feel like something is wrong. I looked around and didn't notice anything. And then something was lightly kicked on the floor.

I quickly turned and unplugged myself, seeing that girl that had 'marked' Master two weeks ago. She was standing in the room, staring at me with a grin. Somehow I had not noticed her beforehand, unless she had just appeared.

Mother Wasp and I questioned Master as to her identity, where we learned it is the assassin and hitman known as Bloodwraith.

I quickly morphed my arm into its laser mode, pointing it straight at Bloodwraith. She smirked at me, as if trying to call a bluff. I am not bluffing. I will not hesitate to melt her head. It will teach her a lesson of not letting her lips wander to things that are not hers.