Issue #68 - Bad Girl

(Sarah POV)

I was curled under the covers, my arms wrapped around my legs as I hugged them tightly to my body. How long have I been laying here?

How long have I been thinking here?

I remember when I first met Miracle.

I was introduced to him because he was also the successor of a Champion. While I was the next Hero of Hope, he was the next Rallying Hero.

I hadn't really thought much other than he was nice, I guess.

Then we started to interact more.

And I learned more about him.

I found myself thinking about him more and more. And then I realized I was crushing on him in a way that I had never done for anyone before.

And then he left me.

I thought he died. I was so distraught. There were countless nights I had cried myself to sleep, missing his stupid grin and possibly funny jokes.

I couldn't get myself to find an interest like that in anyone else afterwards. In fact, I kept myself distanced from most anyways. Until Hikari came along, becoming the next closest person to me.

But not anymore.

She knew.

And she didn't tell me.

She was there with them afterwards as well, in Siren's house. I had visited the place before, it wasn't a surprised they had gone there. I didn't expect Mom to be there, however.

Seems like she's seen my ugly side now. Though it's probably all too familiar to her.

When I ran into him, it was like seeing a ghost. His face stared at me with unfamiliarity, although his was all too familiar to me.

So much so I hadn't even noticed the different eyes.

And then the little slip up. To think that Checkmate was under my nose this whole time, frolicking around with my former best friend. Not to mention the other women.

I thought they were one and the same.

That's when I had a brilliant idea.

Everything is fixed if I just make him MINE.

I'll fulfill my duty as a hero and capture the villain Checkmate, keeping him from harming any others.

And I'll keep him to MYSELF.

No one has to know.

Even if they did, I'm sure many would love it. There's a strange amount of people which had shipped us.

What does it matter if he's not arrested? As long as he's no longer a threat to the public, who cares?

Then he can be mine. ALL MINE.

It was genius, isn't it?! I could finally have him all to myself, the most wonderful man I had ever met! The man capable of making miracles! All while making the world a better place, just as I wanted!

I'd take good care of him whenever I'm not performing hero work. He'll just stay in the room, safe from the world. It can no longer harm him and he can no longer harm it.

I could take care of those bastards that made him turn into Checkmate! I could make sure they ALL end up like Boulderstone.

After all, barely anyone stands a chance against me anymore.

I could flick my finger and probably kill someone.

They're all just so fragile.

It was the perfect plan. Things would've been perfect. Perfect!