Issue #70 - The Plans For War

It wasn't long after Stellar's disappearance for her to turn up again and resume her hero work. Like, just a day. Which is odd, cause usually a disappearance like that would lead to a "she's been kidnapped and we must save her!" kind of story arc, but I guess not this time.

Instead, nothing truly happened, and she's now back to her regular superhero routine. I'm not exactly sure how to feel about that.

It feels too easy. I am now worried.

My first step was to try and fix the damage I've done to her but she seems to be fine? There hasn't been any news of her murdering supervillains or superheroes at the moment so I'd say that's pretty good.

I still need to keep a good eye out though, cause I still need to keep good on Luminosity's deal. And to keep Gabriel's favorite superhero, well, a superhero.

I sat on the couch, Aurelia currently hugging me from behind and keeping me locked into place. Sophie sat to my side, leaning into me while Siren sat on a chair.

The television was currently on, the superhero news channel returning from its commercial break.

"In recent news, two more buildings affiliated with Killian Stromford have mysteriously collapsed, making this three in the past two days." The announcer stated. "It is most likely being done by Checkmate and his group, but no one knows quite how yet."

"Uhh..." I looked towards Sophie. "Do you remember demolishing any buildings recently?"

"No, Master." Sophie shook her head.

"That's what I thought." I nodded. "It can't be me, I've been stuck here all day because I'm constantly being smothered by one of y'all."

"Don't act like you don't enjoy it, dearie~" Aurelia whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

Stop right there, that's dangerous.

No, why are you wrapping your legs around my waist now from behind-

God damnit. I'm even more trapped than before. She's attached to my back like a damn koala with two watermelons strapped to its chest.

I'm practically being forced to inhale her honey-like scent with how she's smothering me. You even theme yourself with perfumes, eh?

"The Ashen Vigilante has also claimed another two victims, leaving naught but a jar of ash behind." The reporter continued. "Evidence has also been leaked to point to the corruption of both individuals, consistent with the pattern that The Ashen Vigilante has been following."

"In other news, Vermillion Waverson arrived to Champion City just this morning." The announcer switched topics. "Balance successfully stopped multiple robberies, while Prototype and Isolation defeated the villain known as Fearwolf with zero casualties."

"The Administration has also made a public update to Checkmate's danger rating, listing him now at Threat Level 3, City." The announcer stated. "However some have advocated that he is brought up to Threat Level 4."

"Whether it is fans or those who despise him, we are not sure on." The announcer added.

"Fans?" I questioned. "They must be delusional. I don't have fans!"

"I am your fan, Master." Sophie stated.

"That's not what I meant and you know it." I countered.

"I could be much more than just your fan~" Aurelia nibbled on my ear, proving once more to be a threat to my sanity and reason.

I have no idea how Siren can just sit here unbothered by this flirting happening with her son right now.

"You made it to Threat Level 3! Congratulations!" Siren clapped with a smile.