Issue #62 - Back To The Beginning

Her eyes, widened, stared into my own with a shockingly intense gaze. And then she spoke the one word that sealed my fate as royally fucked.

"Checkmate." She whispered, a mixture of emotions quickly passing through her face in the span of a few seconds.

Hikari and Eleanor took a protective step forwards, eyes narrowing as they stared at Sarah. Both of them knew exactly who she was, even before my stupid little slip-up.

"You knew..." A look of betrayal crossed her face as she stared into Hikari's eyes. And then, in most possibly one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen, the light behind her eyes died as her face went blank.

Oh shit. Oh fuck. Oh shit. Oh fuck.

It is time to GO! RIGHT NOW!

And just as I was about to grab the two girls and make a desperate dash for it an explosion sounded from behind us, a short distance away.

Sarah immediately stared back at me as everyone around us started to scamper away in panic. Anyone who had been paying attention to this little drama immediately fled as smoke rose into the sky.

"Okay, this time that one wasn't meeee-!" I was cut off as Sarah suddenly lunged forwards, getting inbetween Hikari and Eleanor and gripping the front of my shirt. In an instant I was suddenly staring at the sky, and then the ground, and then the sky again.

Ah. She flung me into the sky and I'm now flailing around like an idiot that's surely gonna become sick from this.

Is this what motion sickness feels like?!

I was suddenly grabbed once again, stopping my spiral upwards. Sarah stared at me, floating high in the sky while still in her civilian clothes.

"Maybe this isn't the best time for this, Stellie!" I desperately spoke with a nervous grin. "There's something going on over there and you should probably get out of those civilian clothes so your cover isn't blown!"

In one swift move she suddenly ripped her shirt off before I could even cover my eyes. Well, only to realize that she was wearing her bodysuit right under the shirt. She dropped it, allowing it to fly all the way back down to the city below us.

"We should get to know each other more before you start stripping, don't you think?" I chuckled, trying to get a response out of her.

Cause seeing her just staring at me like this, no emotions on her face, is something that I am not used to seeing from her! Her eyes look dead as she looks into mine. And frankly, it's freaking me out a little bit!

Okay, I lied. It's freaking me out A LOT!

"So that's why you wanted her." Stellar finally spoke. "You corrupted her. Or maybe you two were already working together before."

Her grip on the front of my shirt tightened.

"How long...behind my back?" She hissed.

"Behind your back?" I raised an eyebrow at her odd wording, a chill running down my spine.

Why...do you sound like a girlfriend who just caught her boyfriend cheating?

"And to think, this whole time..." She spoke with a haunting tone. "...that it was you, Jason."

"You left me." She growled. "I thought you were DEAD!"

I wasn't sure how to respond, honestly.

Was...was Miracle dating Stellar? Cause I don't remember him ever telling me that but it's certainly feeling like that's the case!

And that makes me very scared right now.