Issue #6 - Hefty Jobs Pay Hefty Sums

"Remember, act natural." I whispered to Sophie as we stood in an alleyway, my ski mask off and stashed away. We quickly left from the collapsing building, and now it's time to go back to the base. "Confidence is the key."

"Understood, Master." Sophie replied, staring intently at my face.

I stared back, and she continued to just look into my eyes. We held the staring contest for a good few seconds before I finally spoke up.

"You good?" I asked.

"So this is what your face looks like, Master." Sophie stated. "I am recording it into my database."

"Right." I replied. "Also, don't call me master in public. I don't want people thinking I'm that kinky."

"Understood." Sophie said once more. "How do I address you?"

"Just call me Jason." I sighed. "Except for when I'm using a fake name. For example, where we're going. Call me Edward there."

Sophie tilted her head. "You wish for me to use your real name?"

"When I'm not using a fake name, yes." I replied.

Sophie nodded in affirmation.

"Alright, now follow me." I ordered.

We walked out of the alleyway onto a more Main Street of Champion City without a single suspect. I mean it really isn't that strange. It's only when you act suspicious.

But what do I have to fear? I didn't do anything at all~!

The walk from Stromford North Facilities to Mother Wasp's base is quite short. Only about five minutes of a walk when you don't need to throw someone off your trail.

A sudden bright light flew past in the sky, causing many people to gasp and point.

Huh, it's Luminosity. I thought she retired.

Anyways, let's get out of here!

We walked in silence until we finally arrived, where we took an alleyway in order to take the true entrance to the base in the back of the abandoned warehouse.

I stood in front of the door, placing my ski mask back on before then knocking on the door. A voice quickly came through.

"Password." The voice gruffly spoke.

"Bees don't care what humans think." I recited.

I could hear the clicking sound of the door unlocking, before it opened and allowed the two of us to enter.

The guy who let us in, a large and beefy bald guy with a sick scar across his eye, gave us a nod and a gruff. He then shut the door and sat back down on his little chair. Good ol' Todd.

Here we are.

Now, I guess I just wait around. Not really sure, honestly. I would just rather be available for Mother Wasp then making her wait, cause usually villains have a short temper when it comes to these things.

"Want to watch some tv?" I turned to Sophie.

Sophie was silent for a moment, staring at me, but not really at me, both at once. Her mismatched eyes then finally focused on me as she nodded.

"Odd place for a date, Edward." Commented Todd.

"This is a date?" Sophie looked at me once more.

"If I ever bring a girl here on a date, please slap me..." I chuckled. "...because then I must have truly gone insane."

Todd simply let out a small grunt in response.

"Anyways, let's go." I nodded to Sophie.

She followed me as I walked further into the base and into the large, main room. This was where the lounge was and also led to many of the other important rooms in the base.