Issue #63 - Shattered Hope

Stellar stared burning holes into me, a psychotic grin across her face. Her suit which was usually one which represented a shining hope was now splattered with the crimson blood of a third-rate villain she had just murdered.

Stellar took a step forwards, causing an audible gulp to escape from my mouth. What the actual fuck is happening?!

"Stellar, let's take a moment to clam down..." I tried in vain to placate her once more, knowing it was unlikely that it would work.

Stellar didn't even respond as she blasted towards me at extreme speeds. I quickly dodged out of the way, barely avoiding her hand as she attempted to grab me.

She sharply maneuvered mid-air, twisting back and approaching me once again. My hand started to glow as I charged it up, rolling to the side and avoiding her once more.

Her foot slammed into the ground next to me as she spun her body around and sent a kick straight to my stomach. I caught her foot with my intensified hand, stopping it from connecting with my body.

She paused, looking at me surprised as I caught her blow. She clearly wasn't going at full power in order to not injure me too badly, but even then she was stronger than anyone else in pure strength even when holding back.

And she doesn't know about my powers.

"Stellar, listen to me!" I yelled. "I'm not-!"

She jumped up, bringing her other foot off of the ground. In an instant her flight kicked in as she twisted in the air, almost kicking me in the face with her other foot. I let go of her leg in order to dodge the foot, backing up as Stellar was now floating in front of me.

"Save it." She ordered with a domineering voice.

She swung her fist forwards once more, following up with a flurry of strikes I barely proceeded to dodge. But Stellar was much more versed in hand to hand combat than I was, not to mention I was completely unprepared.

So it wasn't a surprise when I couldn't dodge her kick. What I wasn't ready for was when her leg connected with mine for an audible snap to fill the air as pain flooded my body.

"Shit!" I cried out, collapsing to the ground. I grit my teeth, glancing at my leg only to see it bent in a direction it shouldn't have been.

She was holding back less than I thought.

Stellar stared down at me, reaching down to pick me up only to get interrupted just in time.

"Stellar!" Another, familiar voice screamed.

Stellar slowly turned around, seeing one person standing in the distance. Hikari was in her "Kasai" outfit, wearing her black pants, hoodie, gloves, and lower face mask with her katana on her side.

"So you've finally arrived..." Stellar replied. "...thief." She stared at Kasai with cold eyes, getting an equally frigid look in return.

"Step away from him." Kasai ordered.

Stellar didn't respond, continuing to stare Kasai in the eyes. And then she shot through the air, instantly upon the makeshift ninja.

I looked back at my leg, wincing as I looked at how bent it was. With a deep breath I grit my teeth and grabbed my leg, moving it back into the right position while wracked with agonizing pain.

At least it's not getting repeatedly stabbed! Fuck, this hurts!

My leg was damp, blood seeping through my clothes. You know, I'm becoming very thankful I have a regeneration ability, because I don't want to pull this pants leg up and find out what my leg looks like.