Issue #12 - From Henchman To Hitman

I yawned to myself as I sat up, cracking my neck and rubbing my eyes. I looked over to where Sophie was knelt on the ground, still charging and still in the maid outfit.

I got out of bed, wincing as I realized I was quite sore, especially in the back area. I grabbed some ibuprofen from the table, taking one to help alleviate the pain from my injuries.

I then grabbed myself some simple cereal, putting in the cereal and then the milk as I thought about last night. I'll either wait for Mother Wasp to send me another note or try going back to that address in a week.

But I have a feeling it'll be the former, with how I got the note for last night's job.

I grabbed the remote, sitting down with bowl of cereal. I turned on the small television in my apartment, going to the station I usually listened to. It's called Super Live, its a news station that is constantly giving updates, however big or small, about heroes and villains. It's useful for keeping up to date.

"-last night's attack on Killian Stromford's penthouse left zero casualties, as no one was there at the time." The reporter stated. "Authorities have yet to find any suspects for the case."

"With the Stromford North Facility bombing and now this assault on the CEO's residence, there is without a doubt someone with a vendetta against the company." The reporter continued. "Some believe this is the emergence of another new supervillain. The Hero Administration have yet to comment."

"In other news, the Hero of Hope, Stellar, went in a brawl with a new villain known as Wreckerball and successfully arrested the villain." The reporter explained. "And the Ice-Cold Hero, Frostbolt, successfully stopped another fire. The recent trend in fires over the past months have made some to believe that someone is intentionally starting them."

"Those are all of the major incidents so far today." The reporter nodded. "But in exciting news, the Mayor has announced the building of a statue in honor of The Rallying Hero, Miracle, in the middle of Champion Park."

"It has been almost a year since Miracle's disappearance." The reporter stated. "In that time, no progress has been made on his whereabouts. However, the effect of his disappearance is evident."

"Our heroes are working harder than ever, having taking down numerous villains." The reporter continued. "Let alone five major ones in the time since he's been gone. We all miss him, and pray that one day the truth may be shed on what happened to one of Champion City's greatest heroes."

"Master." I heard Sophie say from behind me.

I turned off the television, turning towards her. "Hey, you're awake." I smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"I am fine, Master." Sophie replied. "You are the injured one."

"Just a scratch." I chuckled.

"I do not believe imbedded glass shards count as scratches, Master." Sophie stated.

"You get the point." I replied. I stood back up, slowly stretching without hurting too much. "What time is it?"

"2:30." Sophie answered.

Damn, I slept in a little bit.

"Right, I should probably go see about this job from Davon." I stated.

"I shall come with, Master." Sophie added.