Episode 3: Acting Academy

[Your input has been received. Please leave your inquiry.]

“The content is as follows. I purchased an item from Iran, and the brand name is ‘Baeksol’…”

After conveying the last operation’s information for about a minute, Ryu Yeon-woo straightened up again, assuming the appearance of his grandfather, and approached the public phone.

From there, he retraced his steps, recovering the hidden bags in reverse order of their placement in the public phones. He changed his attire and bags multiple times, making his way back home.

“It’s been four months already since this information was obtained. The expiration date might have passed, but now it’s goodbye to the life of Jeon Su-hwan.”

My homeland, I’ve completed the final operation.

Past life, you’ve been through a lot.

The days of the past were a life of constant doubt and deception for agents and spies, repeating the cycle of suspicion and acting.

As the days went by, my mind grew weary, and it was a solitary and rough time filled with a sense of loneliness, but even so, I have no regrets about the days I lived dedicatedly.

Simply put, concluding with a feeling of satisfaction after reaping the results, it was a good way to finish things off.

************

On that night, Ryu Cheol-yung, Yeon-woo’s father, had hidden the shoes he wore for hiking somewhere and then put them all at once into the washing machine. He was scolded by his wife, who accused him of putting them in there without her knowledge, and he spent the night feeling unjust.

“No, really, it wasn’t my idea…”

Yeon-woo felt sorry for his scolded father, but he had no choice but to feign ignorance.

Exams were over, and now Ryu Yeon-woo had become somewhat accustomed to his life. He had rid himself of the lingering regrets of his past life and was determined to adapt to his new life as an actor. He had always been interested in acting, and while he wasn’t sure if his skills would be of any help, he was confident in his ability to act in everyday life, honed through his work abroad.

“Whether those past experiences will translate into on-camera acting or stage performance remains uncertain.”

Having a broad range of experiences and the ability to use facial muscles relatively freely, he believed it would be better than heading into uncharted territory.

“Hmm…”

Yeon-woo, who was drawing a picture for his performance evaluation using poster paints in the art room, let out a sigh.

“Why do you keep sighing? Did something happen?”

Junsoo, who was drawing a picture from the adjacent seat, spoke to Yeon-woo while looking at him.

“No, there’s something I want to try, so I’m considering getting a part-time job.”

Seong-sik, who was sitting in front of them, turned around and asked after becoming interested in Yeon-woo’s answer.

“You want to get a part-time job?”

“Yeah, just thinking about trying an acting academy.”

Both Junsoo and Seong-sik exclaimed with wide eyes in response to this unexpected answer.

“Acting?”

“Acting?”

But soon enough, Junsoo nodded his head in agreement, saying, “Well, your grades are good, and it’s your face after all.”