Episode 50: Camping and Friends (1)

“So-hyeon, Get in.”

“Oh, you climbed a mountain? Impressive.”

So-hyeon confidently got into the car as if it was her own.

“Hey, you guys, I’ll go ahead! Let’s continue our chat on KakaoTalk. Close the car, Driver Ryu.”

“What? Driver Ryu?”

Seeing Yeon-woo’s puzzled expression, So-hyeon laughed, knowing that she was playing a prank.

“Take care of So-hyeon friends, and make your way home safely.”

“Okay, Oppa.”

“Awesome.”

Yeon-woo opened the driver’s side door, got into the car, and the red sports car roared to life.

Meanwhile, the delinquent friends who were shocked by the unexpected sight in the corner of the parking lot exchanged bewildered glances and mumbled.

“Is this for real?”

Yeon-woo’s car smoothly headed home.

“Wow, Oppa, you know how to drive?”

“Yeah, I practiced.”

For about 20 years?

Yeon-woo spent two days with his family at home and then returned to Seoul, driving his car.

Upon arriving in Seoul and heading to his apartment, Yeon-woo’s smartphone rang.

– Ding. –

‘Hmm? It’s Senior Ma?’

Yeon-woo saw the name on his phone and answered the call.

“Yes, Senior Ma.”

[Oh, Yeon-woo, are you resting well?]

“Haha, yes. I just got back to Seoul after visiting my parents’ house.”

[Oh, really? By any chance, do you like camping?]

Yeon-woo was taken aback by the unexpected topic.

“Camping?”

Was digging a trench for a week in the mangrove forest to track illegal arms trading by a Burmese rebel group considered camping?

It’s somewhat similar, starting a fire, getting bitten by mosquitoes, and sleeping in the rain.

Yeon-woo pondered for a moment before responding.

“Well, I’ve done something similar a few times.”

[When I have outdoor shoots, I usually go camping the day before. I called to see if you’d like to join me. I’m not forcing you, of course.]

Ma Seok-do, who had become quite close to Yeon-woo while filming the current movie, didn’t sound like he was forcing him, but there was a hint of expectation in his voice.

“Sure, Senior. Let’s go camping and have a drink.”

[Really? Haha, great. I’ll prepare the whole set. Just send me your address.]

“If you send me the address, I’ll head to your place. Should I park there, and drive with your car?”

Yeon-woo disconnected the call and got back into his car to head to the given address. Before leaving, he called Min-soo.

“Min-soo hyung, I’m with Senior Ma today…”

[“Sure, Yeon-woo. I’ll make sure to pick you up tomorrow at the right time.]