Episode 51: Camping and Friends (2)

“Hey, Soo-yeon, what’s up? Have you had lunch?”

Yeon-woo answered the phone as naturally as possible to make the conversation less awkward. However, there was silence on the other end for a few seconds.

====

***

====

Sitting on a subway station bench, Soo-yeon waited. After a while, Yeon-woo answered the call.

[Hey, Soo-yeon, what’s up? Have you had lunch?]

The warm voice on the other end of the phone melted Soo-yeon’s heart. It was her ‘friend’, and for some reason, hearing her friend’s voice made her feel like she might burst into tears. She suppressed her emotions, took a deep breath, and finally spoke.

“…Yeon-woo, are you in the middle of shooting?”

[Is something wrong with you? Where are you?]

Soo-yeon was speechless at Yeon-woo’s response.

“No, I just called.”

[Wait for a moment.]

====

***

====

Yeon-woo sensed that Soo-yeon’s voice was trembling subtly, and in this situation, receiving a call from someone who wasn’t a family member indicated a problem she couldn’t handle on her own.

“Wait for a moment.”

Yeon-woo muted the call, briefly explained the situation to Ma Seok-do, and then picked up his phone again.

“Soo-yeon, where are you?”

[…Yeongdeungpo Station.]

“Do you have any other schedules today?”

Yeon-woo told Soo-yeon to wait for him there, and he hung up, walking towards a secluded corner of the camping site.

“Min-soo hyung, I’m sorry, but I have a personal request.”

[That’s what managers are for. What is it?]

Min-soo, who was doing office work at LN Entertainment’s office, felt a rush of excitement. Yeon-woo explained the situation briefly.

[If it’s Yeongdeungpo Station, it’s right in front. I understand. Please share the address of the camping site.]

Min-soo immediately set out and, in less than an hour, arrived at Yeongdeungpo Station to pick up Soo-yeon. When he arrived, Yeon-woo and Ma Seok-do were already there to greet her.

“Hey, Mr. Ma. How are you?”

“Oh, Min-soo. Do you need to return to the company? Come and have some meat before you go. I brought a ton of it.”

Ma Seok-do, who genuinely enjoys crowded places, looked excited as more people started gathering at the camping site.

“Oh, then I’ll call the company and head back later. Taking care of the actor is the manager’s duty, right? Haha.”

Min-soo, who didn’t want to return to the company, and Ma Seok-do, who enjoyed the bustling atmosphere, got along surprisingly well.

“You’re here? Soo-yeon.”

“I’m sorry, suddenly bothering you.”

While riding in Min-soo’s car to this place, Soo-yeon had time to sort out her thoughts and had managed to calm down a bit. She felt embarrassed for crying on the phone so suddenly.