Episode 10: Script Reading for [Summer's Promise] (2)

“It’s already cheerful from the beginning, and that’s very nice.”

A round of applause echoed.

Everyone stood up and bowed their heads in greeting, hands clasped.

“Oh, please sit down. Why is everyone standing? You’re making me look too old. Haha.”

The director and writer took their seats, exchanging greetings with the cast.

“Right, So-hyeon, you’re doing so well lately, and I’m enjoying it too. This time, a historical drama.”

“Oh, thank you, writer. As soon as I received your script this time, I really wanted to do it.”

“Hyung, have you read the script this time? It’s laid out horizontally like a book, and it’s not easy to get used to.”

“That’s true, but as I read, it’s starting to feel comfortable.”

Writer Choi Mi-hyu and Han So-hyeon exchanged words while the actors chatted with each other about various things.

Numerous cameras and lights placed around tried relentlessly to capture the actors’ expressions for the making-of footage.

At that moment, the assistant director entered the conference room, closing the door behind.

“Director, it looks like everyone, from the actors to the staff, is here.”

“Yes, let’s begin then.”

Director Kim Han-soo rose from his seat.

“Nice to meet you all. I’m the director of this summer’s Summer’s Promise’, Kim Han-soo.”

Cheers and applause erupted from the surroundings.

Then, led by writer Choi, each person stood up one by one, introduced themselves, and greeted the others. From Kang Seo-joon to Jeong Yeoreum, and now it was Ryu Yeon-woo’s turn as Cha Woo-joo. Yeon-woo stood up.

“He’s so handsome! Our Woo-joo!”

Ahn Jun-ho who already know him during the audition shouted from the opposite side, filling the script reading room with laughter, thinking that Yeon-woo was probably nervous as a newcomer, Ahn Jun-ho intentionally tried to lighten the atmosphere, and Yeon-woo smiled appreciatively.

“Hello, everyone. I’m Ryu Yeon-woo, and I’ll be playing the role of Cha Woo-joo this time. As a newcomer, there’s a lot I don’t know. I’ll be like a sponge, eager to learn from all of you. Please take care of me!”

Yeon-woo greeted loudly, confidently bowing 90 degrees in all directions, which brought smiles to everyone in the room.

Applause followed.

After the introductions concluded, the director and writer introduced the drama and shared the production’s intentions, signalling the start of the official script reading.

“Scene number 1, let’s begin.”

Rustling sounds filled the room as everyone turned their script pages.

“Our parents and your parents are really something. Carrying around this troublemaker, huh?”

“Ha! What do you mean? Why did you follow me to university and bother me?”

“What are you saying? Jeong Yeoreum. We’ve been together since elementary school, middle school, even kindergarten. I wanted us to attend university separately, remember? I didn’t show you where I applied.”