Episode 30. Spring Lovers

After listening to the director’s introduction, Soo-yeon greeted Yeon-woo. A beautiful actress with fair skin and harmoniously arranged features. Yeon-woo definitely remembered her face.

“We’ve met before. I’m Ryu Yeon-woo. I look forward to working with you today.”

Upon hearing Yeon-woo’s words, Soo-yeon looked puzzled.

“Have we met before?”

“Um, you went in before me for an audition in Summer Promise.”

“Ah, I was so nervous back then that I don’t remember who was there. Sorry, I’ve seen you a lot on TV.”

Back then, Soo-yeon had no spare time to remember who was there, as she was desperately auditioning. However, Yeon-woo had acted as the lead character in that drama, so naturally, she would have been there.

Soo-yeon nodded her head at Yeon-woo. There was a time when Ahn Jun-ho told Yeon-woo in the audition hall that “Jeong Soo-yeon is more popular,” after seeing Soo-yeon’s gloomy expression. Yeon-woo cheerfully chatted with Soo-yeon, his counterpart for the day, saying let’s do well today.

Whether it was her naturally introverted character or not, Soo-yeon just nodded slightly.

“Okay, let’s go for the first scene. It’s a scene where the heroine’s narration comes in, so we’ll just focus on close-up expressions. High cue.”

It’s a scene where Yeri, the heroine who was washing a flowerpot at the faucet, and Jiwoo Hyuk who blocks the flying soccer ball, first look at each other. Director Kim Han-soo plans to shoot the close-ups first before filming the action of blocking the soccer ball. Yeon-woo, though expressionless, expressed the innocent charm of an adolescent boy seeing Yeri for the first time through the subtle trembling of his eyes.

Watching Yeon-woo’s expression on the field monitor, Director Kim Han-soo was pleased, confirming that his instincts were correct. An expressionless face that somehow makes the viewer’s heart flutter. Soo-yeon, who was playing Yeri, also had an aptly surprised expression.

“Okay, cut!”

Everyone, including the nervous staff, was relieved when the okay sign came out right from Yeon-woo’s first shooting scene. Director Kim Han-soo, who had been under some pressure due to non-cooperative extras since morning, seemed pleased after the scene, lifting the mood on set.

“Alright, the next scene. Get the props.”

“Please block it with your right hand when I throw it this way.”

“Alright.”

Following the on-site staff’s direction and rehearsing, a soccer ball slowly flew in the air with an okay sign.

With a thud, Jiwoo Hyuk knocked the soccer ball away, and Ha yeri, who was washing a flowerpot, looked back in surprise.

Both actors performed the situation written in the script well.

‘The scene is fine, but…’

After shooting a few more times and checking the field monitor, Director Kim Han-soo was visibly frustrated.

“The acting is fine, but the flying soccer ball doesn’t look that threatening on screen.”

“We can’t just edit that part out either.”

“Would it be okay for the soccer ball to be thrown faster? Yeon-woo, is your arm alright?”

“Yes, Director. No problem.”