Episode 42: Master Plan - Script Reading

“Nice to meet you. I’m Ma Seok-do, who’s taken on the role of Gwak Ji-cheol, a scaredy-cat with this physique.”

-Hahaha!-

The witty and cheerful greeting from Ma Seok-do brightened the atmosphere in the room, eliciting laughter and applause.

Next up was a 20-year-old rookie actor cast in a lead role in the prestigious Director Park Chan-hong’s film.

“Please take care of me. I’m Ryu Yeon-woo, playing the role of Pierre Choi, the problem solver who will help the fearful Senior Ma.”

As soon as he stood up, Yeon-woo bowed 90 degrees and left a message asking for their support. The crowd responded with smiles and applause.

Then, the voice of a middle-aged man resounded loudly in the room.

“Oh, just looking at your face makes the room brighter!”

The booming shout from the back row made everyone laugh. It was Kang In-chan, the chief cinematographer who remembered Yeon-woo from the first script reading of “Summer’s Promise”.

Kang In-chan was the eldest member of the team, with a keen sense of responsibility, who had raised his spoon high, declaring a reward vacation in Hawaii. He was also a veteran cinematographer.

Yeon-woo smiled warmly and politely bowed in greeting.

Next up was charismatic actor Jung Ha-kyun, who played the role of Park Kangwoo, also known as the boss of Kangwoo Construction, but in reality, the leader of the Kangwoo faction.

Following that, Han So-hyeon, who played the role of ‘Deer’ Jennifer, stood up to a cheerful welcome. Other supporting actors introduced themselves one by one.

With many well-known actors in the cast, Yeon-woo didn’t need to work hard to remember their names and faces. However, he automatically stored the information as he watched them introduce themselves.

Memorizing names and faces was one of Yeon-woo’s talents.

After all the introductions were completed, Director Park provided a concise explanation of the overall flow and narrative of the film, which extended beyond the scenario’s characters.

“All right, let’s begin.”

In response to Director Park Chan-hong’s words, the assistant director shouted.

“Let’s start. Scene number one.”

Shuffle.

Following the assistant director’s words, everyone in the conference room passed the script at once.

The supporting actor playing the role of the security company’s president began.

“Well, you see, you have to understand. There’s no other choice. I’ll take care of the heavy lifting. Who should carry a gun?”

“No, sir. I haven’t done anything wrong, and haven’t I been telling you that we need to improve in that area since last month?”

Gwak Ji-cheol, the head of the programming team at the cybersecurity company, primarily dealt with banks. Due to a DDoS attack, the bank’s computer network was paralyzed, and someone had to carry a gun now.

“I put a lot of effort into it. You won’t be disappointed. Take a break, and when things calm down, you can come back. Your skills, Kwak Team Leader, are better than anyone else’s, aren’t they? Right?”

We move on to scene number 2.

Gwak Ji-cheol takes out a box containing his office supplies from the trunk and impatiently slams the trunk door shut.