Episode 12. Production Announcement Conference

“Wow! It’s Han So-hyeon! Oh my gosh!”

“Wow! She’s really beautiful. Seriously!”

In the classroom’s group chat, friends screamed in excitement upon seeing a selfie of Han So-hyeon and Ryu Yeon-woo.

For the male high school students who are currently very interested in celebrities, the photo of Yeon-woo and Han So-hyeon was a powerful bombshell. Soon, students from the next classroom came over, each checking the picture on their smartphones, causing more commotion.

[Slide – Door opens]

“Hey, you kids! What’s all the commotion?”

Due to the noise reaching even the staff room, the homeroom teacher came in.

“Ah! Teacher, look at this!”

Woo seong-sik, seated in the front, showed his smartphone to the teacher.

“Why are you kids making such a fuss… Wow!”

Seeing the photo, Mr. Lee Jung-tae, Yeon-woo’s homeroom teacher, was so surprised that he yelled even louder than the students. He was a fan of Han So-hyeon.

*********

Not only in Yeon-woo’s school but also online, discussions about Yeon-woo were trending.

[Anyone know about the new face from ‘Summer’s Promise’?]

[If you find out, please share.]

[I’ve watched the teaser 10 times already. Already a fan. The casting is amazing.]

[The combination of Son Jin-yuk and Han So-hyeon is crazy, but who’s that last male actor?]

[His profile says his name is Ryu Yeon-woo.]

There was not much public information about Yeon-woo other than a simple profile on social media, which led to increased curiosity among fans.

[He’s attending our school, a senior in 2nd year. Super popular.]

[Stop lying.]

[I don’t know if the previous comment is true, but based on his profile, he’s a high schooler.]

A student claiming to be Yeon-woo’s junior tried to act knowledgeable, but his comment was soon buried by others.

The next day, the main cast of ‘Summer’s Promise’, along with the writer and director, gathered at JNBC’s annex building, not on Film set.

After a brief photo wall event, the team of ‘Summer’s Promise’ took their seats at the production announcement conference.

“Hello everyone. I am Kim Minah, the JNBC announcer in charge of the ‘Summer’s Promise’ production announcement.”

Applause!

With the applause from the staff, cast, and reporters, the production announcement conference began.

“Today’s broadcast is being aired live on JNBC Live Now and JNBC’s official YouTube channel. Please bear with us if there are any unforeseen interruptions.”

Taking a deep breath, Announcer Kim Minah continued.

“It’s a drama that is perfect to be broadcasted in ‘Winter’, titled ‘Summer’s Promise’.”

Laughter!

There was laughter on-site at Kim Minah’s witty remark. After a brief introduction to the work, a teaser video was played.