Episode 20: Awareness

Thinking the house was empty, So-hyeon was startled by her brother’s voice.

“Ah…? You didn’t go to the academy, oppa?”

“Well, they said there was a gas inspection, so I waited and was about to leave.”

So-hyeon, scratching her head with a slightly awkward expression, turned to her friends and said,

“Hey, come in. This is my oppa.”

Hesitating at the sound coming from inside, So-hyeon’s friends entered, bowing their heads in greeting as they heard her voice.

“Hello. I’m So-hyeon’s friend, Yeji.”

“Ah, I see. Hello?”

Upon greeting and lifting his head, Yeji froze in place, her gaze fixed on So-hyeon’s brother.

“… Huh?”

As another friend entered behind her and Yeji suddenly stopped, the friend accidentally bumped into her.

“Ouch, what’s going on? Why did you suddenly stop?”

“Ugh, what…? Cha Woo-joo?”

Her initial whisper turned into a loud exclamation.

“What? Cha Woo-joo! He’s handsome.”

When the other friend entered as well and saw Yeon-woo’s face, she gasped in amazement.

“What, what is this?! So-hyeon, why is Cha Woo-joo in your living room?!”

Startled by Yeji’s almost-scream, So-hyeon scratched the back of her head once more, feeling awkward.

“I told you, I thought….. my brother was out.”

“Wait a moment, Ryu Yeon-woo, Ryu So-hyeon. Huh? Oppa?”

While trying to recall the name of the male actor currently gaining immense popularity for his role as Cha Woo-joo, Yeji’s face showed understanding as if she grasped the situation.

“Insane! Is this for real? Seriously?”

“What’s going on? Who is this guy?”

Her friend Se-hee, who came in after her, gently chided Yeji, knowing a bit herself.

Looking at them with a mischievous smile, Yeon-woo, who had been observing with an amused expression, spoke again.

“You mentioned your name Yeji, right? Thanks for being friends with Soo Hyun.”

With a smirk on his face, Yeon-woo addressed them, and at that moment, Yeji took a step back, seemingly gaining momentum before rushing towards Yeon-woo.

“Oppa! I’m a true fan! I’ve been watching ‘Summer Promise’ from the first episode! It’s amazing! Seriously, wow!”

“Uh, yeah? Thank you. Haha.”

Seeing the excited expression of the young female fan in the living room, Yeon-woo felt a bit flustered but thanked her for her support.

As Yeon-woo continued to talk, Yeji glanced at him, seeming unsure, and then spoke.

“Hey, Yoon Se-hee. I recommended ‘Summer Promise’ to you, but you still haven’t watched it? This guy right here is the lead character!”

“Um, not the main character, actually, just a supporting role.”

“Although the male lead is Jin-yuk…,” Yeon-woo mumbled and corrected as he noticed.

However, despite being in the presence of the fans who were seeing the cast of the drama they usually watched on screen, it seemed like they weren’t paying much attention to those details.