Episode 46: Awards Ceremony (2)

“Hmm, Ryu Yeon-woo? New Star Award and Best Actor Award…?”

“Ryu Yeon-woo is a young actor who’s rising these days.”

The interpreter by his side added to what Bernard Penton said.

Bernard Penton, a Hollywood casting director, mainly worked with multinational companies like Netflix and Prime, which provided online streaming services. He connected actors to original series and movies produced by these platforms. With K-POP already making waves, he recognized the growing demand for Korean content in Hollywood and acted swiftly to secure a position in the emerging market.

“It’s a good mask that will work well… Please write down the works he appeared in separately.”

“Yes, Director.”

Following the staff’s guidance, Yeon-woo joined the table where the “Summer Promise” team was seated.

“Director, Jun-ho hyung… they’re here first.”

“Yeah, they came in with the director without doing the photo wall event.”

Yeon-woo looked at Kim Han-soo, who had already taken a seat and was sitting with Ahn Jun-ho. The awards ceremony venue was filled with famous celebrities no matter where you looked.

Jin-yuk, who had taken his seat first, gestured to Yeon-woo and pointed towards the fans.

“Yeon-woo, our fans are over there. Let’s go and greet them.”

Yeon-woo looked in the direction Jin-yuk’s finger pointed. On one side of the audience seats on this floor, “Summer Promise” placards were visible. These were fans of the selected works who had been pre-announced online, along with the staff guiding them.

The two of them shook hands with the fans, and the fans cheered and waved their placards.

Seeing Jin-yuk and Yeon-woo’s interaction, So-hyeon and Jun-ho also turned to face the fans and waved in response.

Soon, the awards ceremony began. The venue darkened, and a cinematic video was played on the screen. Various media works that had heated up the previous year were edited briefly with grand music.

“Summer Promise” also made brief appearances in between scenes.

====

***

====

The glamorous awards ceremony proceeded smoothly, and around the latter part of Part 1, it was time for the award ceremony for Yeon-woo’s nomination for the Best Male Rookie Actor in the TV category.

“Now, would you like to meet the third nominee for Best Male Rookie Actor?”

Actor Koo Do-hyun, the presenter for the Male Rookie Actor award, and the previous year’s winner, delivered his speech. An edited video of Yeon-woo’s acting in “Summer Promise” was shown on the screen.

“In JNBC’s Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Summer Promise,’ actor Ryu Yeon-woo, who portrayed the character Woo-joo.”

Yeon-woo’s personal camera was attached to the front, capturing his expression.

‘This is kind of embarrassing…’

As his video played on the screen, he couldn’t help feeling self-conscious.

In a gathering attended by numerous actors, when Yeon-woo saw his acting displayed on the big screen, he couldn’t help but feel a bit self-conscious.

Then, other nominees were introduced, and the screen displayed a total of five male actors.