Episode 47: Master Plan - Operation

On the evening when Han Hae-woon first met and collapsed in front of Joeng Hye-min, he woke up in the emergency room.

“Oh my, are you awake now, Sir?”

A nurse who had been attending to another patient by his side suddenly noticed that Han Hae-woon was sitting on his makeshift bed, looking dazed.

“Uh… yes.”

Still trying to collect his thoughts, Han Hae-woon absentmindedly replied, the memories from before he collapsed still fresh in his mind.

Seeing him in such a state, the nurse spoke up.

“I’ll call the doctor for you. Please lie down and wait for a moment. Don’t pull out the IV.”

Han Hae-woon hastily stopped the nurse, grabbing her by the arm.

“Um, I’m sorry. What about the lady who came with me? What happened to her?”

“The lady? If you’re referring to the one who reported the incident, she just made the report and didn’t come in with you.”

Han Hae-woon nodded in understanding.

“Yes, thank you.”

Despite the nurse’s efforts to dissuade him, Han Hae-woon insisted on having his IV removed and personally went to the billing department to settle the emergency room treatment costs.

Once he had his coat back on, he stepped outside the hospital and, finding a quiet spot, lit a cigarette, his face reflecting a perplexed expression.

“Team Leader Jeon Su-hwan, Jung Hye-min, Baek Yoo-hyun… Does this make any sense?”

Seated for a while, lost in thought, Han Hae-woon contemplated the events that had transpired.

====

***

====

The next morning, Yeon-woo arrived at the filming location from early on.

“Wow, the rising star who won the Rookie Actor award is here.”

The staff members greeted him with a smile, joking about his newfound fame.

“Hahaha, what’s the big deal? Minjae-hyung.”

“Congratulations, Yeon-woo!”

These were the people who had prayed for Yeon-woo’s success while watching the TV at their homes or in various bars and restaurants. Now, they were excitedly cheering for him.

Ma Seok-do approached Yeon-woo and patted him on the shoulder.

“Seems like we have some intense scenes to shoot today, right?”

“Oh, you’re here. That’s right.”

The intense scene that Ma Seok-do referred to was the party scene they were shooting today. It was a crucial scene that would rely on Yeon-woo’s exceptional talent for intricate and versatile facial expressions.

“Let’s get ready, then.”

“Sure thing, Seok-do-hyung.”

They headed to the dressing room set up in a corner of the banquet hall, which had been rented for the filming.

When they opened the door and entered, Jung Ha-kyun was already sitting there.

“Hello, senior.”

Jung Ha-kyun looked in the mirror and greeted Yeon-woo with a smiling face.