Episode 49: Gentleman and High School Girl

As someone who had a strong interest in cars, Son Jin-yuk owned three cars at the moment, and being famous for its complex options, Brand P was known to be as knowledgeable as most dealers.

Jin-yuk and Yeon-woo entered the automatic door of Brand P’s showroom.

The branch manager, Lee Myung-han, who had been waiting for them, welcomed them.

“Oh, Mr. Son!”

The valet had called the branch manager to inform him of Son Jin-yuk’s visit, and the branch manager hurriedly came down to the first floor to receive the visit of a VIP customer.

“Ha-ha. It’s been a while, Branch Manager. Today, I came to check out a car with this friend.”

Son Jin-yuk tapped Yeon-woo’s shoulder.

“Hello.”

“Hello. I am Lee Myung-han, the branch manager here.”

Yeon-woo politely greeted the branch manager as he shook hands.

Although he looked like a celebrity, Lee Myung-han didn’t know who he was. But from the commotion happening among the staff behind the desk, it seemed he might be a popular young actor or idol these days.

Seeing the branch manager, Son Jin-yuk spoke up.

“Branch Manager, if possible, I’d like to have the car delivered today. Do you have any models in stock?”

“Oh, yes. We have a few, but do you have a specific model in mind?”

“Show us the flagship model.”

“Minimum down payment or… maybe cash…”

They discussed various conditions before walking into the showroom.

Yeon-woo joined the conversation but didn’t fully understand the complex discussions. Eventually, they began choosing a car.

====

***

====

The next day, Yeon-woo went to Son Jin-yuk’s house parking lot to take delivery of the car.

“Wow, it’s beautiful, isn’t it?”

Jin-yuk pointed to the red sports car coming down from the carrier, tapping Yeon-woo’s shoulder.

‘Memories from my past life keep coming back.’

In this life, he was taking delivery of an expensive sports car with cash upfront, which was quite different from his previous life when he purchased a 1996 compact car from the used car market.

He hopped into the car after the delivery and received instructions from Son Jin-yuk.

“I tried driving when I got my driver’s license, but it feels somewhat different.”

The steering wheel he had left untouched for over two years after driving for more than twenty years.

“Where are we going?”

The car’s engine roared to life.

While contemplating their destination, Yeon-woo’s smartphone rang.

“Yes, Min-soo hyung.”

It was the manager’s call.

[Yeon-woo, where are you currently?]

“I’m on my way out of Jin-yuk hyung’s house.”

[Oh, did you have lunch by any chance? Our CEO wants to meet you.]