Episode 21. Holiday

“Oh my, my little ones have arrived. Come in, come in!”

The sight of the adults warmly welcoming Yeon-woo and his family brought a smile to Yeon-woo’s face as well. According to his father, their oldest uncle and his wife had praised Yeon-woo and So-hyeon since they were young, saying they ate heartily.

“Wow, is this really Yeon-woo? Of course, I’ve seen you on TV.”

“Hello. Have you been well?”

Amidst the bustling noise, the oldest brother’s wife emerged from the kitchen, clapping her hands and greeting Yeon-woo and So-hyeon. Yeon-woo also greeted her naturally and then headed into the living room.

“Oh my, Hyung. You’ve already started cooking, even though you’re still recovering from your shoulder surgery?”

As soon as Yeon-woo’s mother arrived, she set down her bags and started rolling up her sleeves from her arms.

“Oh, just take a break for a bit. We’ve just arrived, and there’s plenty of time.”

“You know my personality. It’s better to finish things quickly.”

As the grandmother and mother went into the kitchen, Yeon-woo greeted the adults who had arrived earlier and rolled up his sleeves before entering the kitchen.

“So-hyeon, come along. I’ll help with the cooking.”

“Got it.”

Upon seeing Yeon-woo, his uncle, whispered to Ryu Cheol-yung.

“How did he change so much? He’s really grown up.”

“Hyung, kids change quickly as they grow up. Hahaha.”

Praising his grown-up son with pride caused the older brothers to shrug his shoulders.

Subsequently, other relatives arrived, and the family atmosphere centered around Yeon-woo.

In the Ryu family, as soon as someone recognizable came out, the elders took out their smartphones and awkwardly posed for photos. The cousins, meanwhile, perked up at just a word from Yeon-woo.

The festive atmosphere continued, until the arrival of the villain of the Ryu family, the younger uncle, and his wife.

Ryu Jeong-yung was Ryu Cheol-yung’s youngest brother. Unlike his older brothers who were generally good at studying from a young age, he engaged in shady activities while wandering around until he reached his forties. He eventually started a successful clothing wholesale business in Dongdaemun by chance, making a significant amount of money.

However, his late mother always prioritized his elder brother, a government worker, saying, “You work hard for the country,” when looking at him, and she made sure to take care of him first.

‘Why does Cheol-yung always get all the attention when I spend the most on household matters? Working for the country is nonsense. Who do you think you are, a president? You’re just an ordinary government worker, not some national hero.’

As time passed after his mother’s passing, resentment grew, and Ryu Jeong-yung vented his frustration in unexpected ways.

His timid son would act clueless, not even properly greeting others during holidays. In contrast, his own daughter was well-behaved and received praise from the adults.

Not content with that, during the Lunar New Year’s and Chuseok holidays, he would pester Cheol-yung’s son, Yeon-woo, to lose weight and learn proper manners, releasing his stress on his older brother.