Arrival At The Cave

Even after we began marching the next two days, it was all mostly silent with some conversations here and there.

But sensing they are close, the red-hair stopped the other two.

"We are extremely close, it has been a good few days' march, and my work is done here."

"We both are eternally grateful for your guide work.

If you need anything.. Please ask so."

Satoru POV

Sir Leonard, he's even going the extra distance to give some sort of compensation for them..

I swear, this world doesn't deserve him..

"Same from me, although I am not remotely as great as him or have a position as high as him, but if it's something within my power.."

The red-hair stared at me for a second.

"Actually.. There might be something you could do.."

With his faint smile and suddenly innocent eyes, he asked of me something gargantuan in weight.

"Can I uh...

Y'know.."

{I think I can see where this is going, Satoru.

He wants a-}

"Can you give me a name?"

I froze, and Sir Leonard gave me a shocked and dumbfounded look.

"H-Hey wait! If you can't, it's fine!"

{....

This is completely up to you, I don't see a difference if you choose anything.

Unless Leonard tells them about it, which you should be able to stop him from doing so if you can talk to him now.}

"Sir.. Leonard.."

"...

It's your choice, it won't really change much at this point."

{If you can get some loyal allies for later, especially evolved monsters who can be fairly strong, it is a good idea.}

'Hm.. You're not wrong.'

"....Alright then, I'll give you a name.

But.."

The red-hair got kind of excited, and approached me.

"Name your conditions."

{Ask him to be there for you when you need him, that's probably the best you can get.}

'...'

Sir Leonard approached as well.

"You will be directly under me."

Sir Leonard looked at me like I was crazy, and the red-hair was puzzled.

"Satoru? You want him.. To be your subordinate?"

"..Yes."

{..?! You're being so firm now.

You're so confusing!}

The red-hair opened his mouth to speak, but only uttered words of shock like "Uh" and "Um".

"Benimaru.

A word that means red or crimson.

It is both for your color of choice and for your flames.

I hope that you'll at least be a good ally to me."

Saying so with a steady tone, I locked my eyes upwards at the red-hair's, no, Benimaru's eyes.

A large surge of magicules left my body that moment, to be more specific, my "Justice Blade".