Leonard Jester, Childe of Duality

Leonard Jester is a man of shaded past, his origin is known to very few.

All the knowledge that should matter for him is the knowledge that is known.

He faced struggle after struggle in training himself, he left no chance for falling behind, all in pursuit of his dream of serving in the Holy Church of Lubelios.

He made contact with many Spirits, and, eventually, when he had trained himself to a point he deemed to be enough, immigrated to Lubelios.

He abandoned all familial ties, all possible ways of having a normal civilian life, in favor of becoming a guardian of mankind, a bastion of faith.

What drove Leonard that far?

It was his infatuation with Hinata's sword skills.

Soon as he caught a glimpse of her sword skills, Leonard made sure to waste no time to train himself like there was no tomorrow.

He swung his sword a hundred, no, a thousand times, all to replicate that sword style.

And now, now on the bloodied hellscape of the charred Lubelian parts, Leonard was to put those sword skills to use, against none other than the person who had lost to them before - Unbeknownst to Leonard.

Emperor Valentine had fought against Hinata before, and he had lost.

It was when Hinata had one goal: Destroy the Church and its corruption, and set the people's minds right.

But something changed her way of thought right at the end.

All of that information had never been disclosed to anyone other than the related parties.

Throughout the Light and Darkness, I alone am the Unifying One.

Those words were being burned into Leonard's mind over and over again, why the sudden punch line? Because Leonard as a person was changing.

He was achieving internal understanding.

He was morally altering himself automatically to adapt to his situation, because, for as long as Leonard had been alive, he could not bring himself to alter his trains of thoughts on command.

How was he changing was, for a lack of a better term, already predetermined.

The stars and conditions aligned perfectly for Leonard to turn into something that would be best for his current situation.

-"Emperor Louis Valentine, your Highness, with all due respect, I think I am done with playing along."

The sudden shift from a bright and caring man to a seemingly blank faced emotionless man was terrifying, to say the least.

"Forgive me, for I might be sinning and committing blasphemy of the highest degree..."

Emperor Valentine scoffed, and took his stance once more.

The battle turned dead silent for a long pause, then that silence was broken by Leonard.

-"Forgive my incoming hypocrisy aswell, but all of this begs a question, a question of your belief, Emperor Valentine..

But..

Did you pray today?"

That sentence sent them both into a state of frenzied combat, both having their ideals dead set in stone.

Leonard was ever so close to full maturation, he was right in front of the finish line, all he needed was a last push.

This was what he had always wanted, this was his hopes and dreams actualizing.