That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Hero

-"Lubelios.. For the second time..
Now.. A deserved ending."

A regretful voice spoke amidst the dying flames of the magnificence that used to be the Church of Luminas.

It was infact the goddess of the church herself that spoke these words, as if she descended upon this anarchy. The regret in her voice stemming from her latency to arrive.

She walked, her footsteps silent, though her pose was still broken, her arrogance shattered by those she has serve, by a human.

"Ah.. I really got what was coming for me, didn't I?"

She was no longer proud, no longer haughty like always.

It had caught up to her, her stitched together plans of eternal nutrition of the vampire race.

She always knew that plan was flawed, she always knew that plan was going to cause discord, but not to this level.

Above all else, on her shoulder, a burden.

"Atleast... You're safe.."

On her shoulder, a burden that she willingly carried, carries and will carry for as long as she has the strength to do so.

She stood outside, the city was still obliterated from the massive rays of Spiritrons the attacker sent flying everywhere. Who would've thought the greatest center of worship would one day see its own demise by its own religion.

"Stay still, right here.."

Luminas put down the body on her shoulder, a body filled with scars and burn marks, it was a sight of horror, had Luminas been a second late, the victim would've met their untimely demise.

"I'll be back.. Hinata.

Rest well.."

Those cold words left her lips as she turned around and walked in the same direction the attacker ran away from, her mind on autopilot, chasing him.

She didn't care if she deserved it, she didn't care if she wronged him, but to damage the

core of her desires, that was a large no-no.

The silhouette of his through the flames was still engraved in her mind.

An endless echo of howls of pain from all around her.

Luminas walked forward, with one thought, one motion.

"I'll avenge your pain, all of it."

Behind her, "Hinata" laid still.

Awake or out cold, alive or dead, her eyes were glued shut.

She could not move a muscle.

All her thoughts swirled around one point.

I'm useless..

How can I be worthy of serving Lady Luminas like this?

How was I so powerless?

Overconfidence? Is it?

Certain people would have loved to hear her writhing in pain.

Back to Luminas, her elegance was tainted by a crimson red aura of bloodlust.

She slowly grew more and more vengeful, not leaving any chance to succumb to tears of sorrow.

Meanwhile that was going on...

Someone inched closer to her step by step.

Seeking the truth, the Childe of Light, Leonard, now taking himself as the Childe of Dark, approached Lubelios ever so calmly.\