𝐀𝐂𝐓. 𝐈 ☆ 𝐂𝐡.𝟏

(𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞)

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟐𝟖

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟐𝟖

"No! You cannot make me; I won't do it," she screamed, her voice echoing through the room. The desperation in her tone was palpable as she tried to hold onto the cup that Pollux was forcefully taking away from her.

She had come too far to give up now, "I will tear it out with my own hands if I must! But I guarantee that you will never get an heir from me!" Clawing at his face leaving streaks of blood from her long nails behind.

With every ounce of her being, she fought against the chains that bound her, tearing at the very fabric of their expectations. 

She was a force to be reckoned with yet, tears streamed down her face as he whispered "Immobulus" and laid her down on the bed.

She wondered how long he had known, he must have known- she drank the potion every night since the wedding. She drank it ensuring that she would not carry any child. 

They had been married for months now, and she had no choice but to give in. Knowing she had already hated the thing she should love most in the world.

That night, that awful night.

𝟗 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫... 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟒𝐭𝐡 𝟏𝟗𝟐𝟗

"Push Irma, the babe is almost here just one more push!" the midwife who came from St. Mungos gave encouraging shouts to the mother-to-be.

Screeching, she gripped the edges of the bed, her knuckles turning white, as she exerted every ounce of energy she had left. The pain radiated through her body, her muscles ached, and her mind screamed for relief. Yet, amidst the agony, a flicker of determination burned within her.

After seven hours of pain and suffering the baby came out.

Crying.

"You did good." Pollux didn't give her a second glance as he went to see the babe.

"It's a girl..." The room went silent with the exception of the crying baby.

Pollux lost all interest in the baby in what felt like a millisecond. The midwife cleaned the child before asking him "Do you wish to hold her sir?"

Taken back he shook his head and left the room. Pollux stood outside the room, his heart heavy with disappointment and regret.

The midwife gently set the crying baby down and turned her attention to Irma, whose body bore the marks of an exhausting battle. Blood stained the linens and dripped heavily from the bed's edge. Once Irma began to sit up, the midwife offered the infant to her, her curly black hair sticking to her sweat-soaked face.

She looked at the baby, she had black hair and rosy pink lips. "Do you want to hold her miss?" quietly trying to hand her the baby. Irma immediately shook her head and pushed the baby back into the midwife's arms.

"I did what was expected of me; take that thing away. Call for the house elf to grab her, let me rest." She looked away from the baby and the midwife as if they were eye sores.

"Miss, you haven't named the child..." She was expecting Irma Black to say something but she was looking out the window. It was silent and the midwife grabbed the child and began to walk out of the door; hoping to find a house elf.

Just as she was walking out the door she heard Irma whisper "Walbruga... her name is Walbruga Black. She is the heiress of House Black."

The midwife nodded before exiting the room, leaving Irma alone.

Once the door closed, she laid back on the bed, contemplating the realization that she would have to endure this ordeal repeatedly until Pollux obtained the son he had been promised.

After all, this is what she was made for.

☆ ★ ☆

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟑𝟏

"Agh!" Irma couldn't do it. The pain of this childbirth cut deeper than the first. She clutched Pollux's hand, her nails digging into his skin, as her screams filled the room, echoing in the sterile hospital chamber. The sensation was excruciating as she felt the baby's head emerge

"It's here miss, the babe is here." the midwife quickly grabbed the baby noticing that it wasn't crying. She left the room leaving both Pollux and Irma confused.

This Pregnancy hurt her and caused her more pain than she could have ever imagined.

Irma lay there, breathing heavily, her eyes filled with a mix of exhaustion and anxiety. Pollux let go of her hand and began to pace. The room was filled with an unsettling silence, broken only by the faint sounds of Irma's labored breathing.

They had been sent to St. Mungos for this birth since the babe was coming two months early. Once the midwife came back with the baby and said that everything was okay she was able to rest. 

"It's a boy, sir," the midwife said happily. Pollux's face lit up with happiness knowing that he had a true heir.

Irma was indifferent to it and waited for the midwife to heal her. "Alphard Black will be his name," Pollux announced and walked away to share the news with his brother.

Leaving his wife behind, not that she minded, any moment he wasn't near her - she was okay.

"Congratulations, on your boy miss" the young midwife smiled at Irma as she continued to heal her.

Irma just stared at her. "You should be telling him that - not me".

She couldn't care less for the children, but she knew that her duty was fulfilled and she was at peace knowing that. She never felt anything for her children, she supposed it was because she didn't want them.

She tried many times to rid herself of them but Pollux would find her. She hated them. She hadn't once held her daughter in the two years that she was born. 

☆ ★ ☆

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟑𝟖

Grimacing she gave one more push and felt the baby leave her body. She sighed as she felt the relief of her body being her own after nine long months. It was by far the easiest pregnancy; the baby didn't kick at all like Walburga, nor did it push down on her bladder like Alphard.

"What is it" she asked between gasps as she heard it cry.

"Another boy, thank Merlin." Pollux smiled, knowing now he had ensured his namesake and the legacy of his family.

Irma, however, exhaled a weary sigh and reclined on the bed. Her gaze drifted to the room's ceiling, where countless moments of torment and confinement had passed. The place where the Immobulus curse was often placed on her, a binding spell meant to complete Pollux's desires.

Then, in a quiet, almost introspective tone, Irma declared, "His name is Cygnus." She turned her attention to the baby, who was as pale as freshly fallen snow.

Pollux nodded in agreement and promptly summoned a house-elf to tend to the newborn.

"No, let me hold him for a second..." She looked at Pollux, he looked reluctant but handed the baby to her.

She never tried to hold any of her children, but he felt different. 

𝓐𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻'𝓼 𝓝𝓸𝓽𝓮

Once again, I will not be posting trigger warnings on top of every chapter, so if something is too much for you I am so sorry, please exit the book if you need a breather :)