𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟎☆

(𝟐 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟓𝟑-  𝐒𝐭. 𝐌𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐬

She could feel the pain before she opened her eyes

She could feel the pain before she opened her eyes. The smell of herbs from potions lingered in the air as she tried to move on top of the bed she lay on. Every subtle shift brought a reminder of the lingering battle wounds that still marked her body.

Grimacing against the discomfort, Walburga gingerly opened her eyes to the subdued light of the room.

She found herself in the sterile yet comforting surroundings of St. Mungo's Hospital.

The soft hum of magical healing permeated the air, and the subdued lighting cast a calming ambiance over her small corner of the medical facility.

As she attempted to sit up on the bed, a cry of pain escaped her lips. The battle wounds, still fresh and tender, protested against the movement.

Alerted by her cry, the healer swiftly approached with a reassuring smile. "Easy now, Mrs. Black. You are still healing" She placed her hands on Walburga's shoulders gently forcing her to lay back down.

Walburga complied, the pain a sharp reminder of the ongoing process of recovery. As the healer continued her ministrations, Walburga gathered the strength to speak.

"Could you... could you send for my husband or my brother?" she requested, her voice carrying a mix of vulnerability and longing.

The healer nodded empathetically, understanding the importance of having loved ones by her side during the challenging journey of healing.

"I will make sure they are informed and here with you shortly," the healer assured, "But you must allow me to alleviate the pain first."

She lifted her wand and began to mutter incantations as Walburga writhed in pain.

As the incantations progressed, a subtle warmth enveloped Walburga, and the sharp edges of pain began to soften. The healing magic, a harmonious dance of spells and intentions, worked to ease the physical strain on her body.

Amidst the incantations,  she closed her eyes, focusing on the gradual relief that washed over her.

"I will make sure they are informed and here with you shortly," the healer assured, offering a comforting smile "Rest up now, Mrs. Black. You need the time to recover and let the magic do its work. We'll ensure you're comfortable and attended to during your healing process."

With those words, the healer left the room, ensuring Walburga that she would promptly write to her husband. The door closed softly behind her, leaving her in the subdued light of the hospital room.

As she lay on the bed she turned her head towards the small bedside desk; it was covered with vials of potions that she would have to drink, and there was a letter.