★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟏★

(𝟑 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟐 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

For three drawn-out months, Walburga had found herself navigating the peculiar emptiness left in the wake of her youngest son's absence. The quiet that settled over their home felt foreign, a stark departure from the energy that Regulus always brought with him.

In the hushed corridors of their once lively household, Walburga couldn't help but notice the absence of Sirius' blaring music, the familiar refrain of her reprimands now replaced by an eerie stillness.

It was an odd sensation, not having to raise her voice in frustration or play the role of disciplinarian.

Though her pride was evident, she would exchange letters with Regulus three times a week.

In his letters, he shared stories of his days at Hogwarts, bringing warmth to her heart. She was glad to hear of his friendship with Narcissa and Lucius, knowing the importance of such bonds in their world.

Each letter became a cherished treasure, a reminder of their strong connection and Regulus' growing independence.

Sirius on the other hand, had only sent her two letters since the start of the school year. The first was a request for his new gloves, while the second inquired about a possible forgotten muggle band record.

Despite her efforts to reach out and inquire about Sirius's well-being through letters, Walburga never received a response from him. Faced with the silence from her eldest son, she turned to Regulus for assistance, entrusting him with the task of checking up on Sirius and relaying any news or concerns back to her.

"Mistress Black," Kreacher spoke up quietly so as not to scare her. The poor house elf had once again become her companion, much like he had been when she first moved in.

"Yes, Kreacher?" she responded, her voice tinged with a hint of weariness. She had grown accustomed to the house elf's presence.

"Master, Orion has arrived and is in the main room with the little masters," Kreacher informed her, his voice respectful as he relayed the news of Orion's return with their sons.

Placing the letters all in a chest, she left the library quickly- excited to see her sons again.

Pushing the door, she was met with Orion yelling at Sirius whilst Regulus, sat off to the side, his shoulders hunched as he tried to shrink into the background as if wishing to become invisible.

"What is going on?" Walburga's voice rang out with a commanding authority, loud enough to cut through Orion's lecture and bring a momentary silence to the room.

Orion turned towards her, his expression a mix of irritation and defensiveness, but he fell silent under the weight of her gaze. Sirius, still bristling with defiance, shifted uncomfortably under her scrutiny, while Regulus seemed to shrink further into himself, his eyes downcast as if trying to disappear entirely.