𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒☆

(𝟒 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐌𝐚𝐲, 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝟏𝟗𝟓𝟎 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫

Time.

It had been years since Walburga had asked her father to postpone her marriage.

In that time she had grown - more beautiful. She had inherited her mother's beauty, she would be a fool not to see her mother's features on her face. It was almost uncanny how alike they looked, from the high cheekbones to the little freckle that marked the left cheek of each woman. The long black hair that cascaded around her face completed the picture, a mirror image of her mother's. The pink pouty lips that could spit venom when angered. The wide eyes could signal madness and grow wider when tears threaten to spill out.

As Walburga's beauty matured, so did her sense of responsibility within the Black family. Her father, burdened by his seclusion, had retreated from the affairs of the household. In response, Walburga stepped into the role of caretaker, shouldering the weight of family matters.

Upon graduating from Hogwarts, she seamlessly transitioned into the world of adults, where the responsibilities of upholding the family's reputation became paramount. Lavish balls and social events across the wizarding world became her stage, and Walburga embraced her role as the face of the family with grace and poise.

Amidst the glittering festivities, she navigated the intricate dance of maintaining appearances, all while carrying the legacy of the Black family on her shoulders.

Alphard had been her rock amidst the pressure of perfection, he would accompany her, encourage her, he was simply there without having to be. He had grown into a fine young man, as always she knew he would be.

Despite growing into a fine young man, he yearned for autonomy and the chance to explore beyond their world. Understanding his desire, Walburga sent him on a journey to Paris, Italy, and other Muggle destinations.

Even in his travels, Alphard remained connected. He never forgot to return, sharing tales of his adventures with Walburga.

She hadn't seen him in months, shaking her head of worry she busied herself with the details of their finances in their Gringotts accounts.

Whilst, she did so Dot, the house elf, appeared. "Mistress, Master Black has arrived," Dot announced a quiver of excitement in her high-pitched voice.

Walburga looked up from her work, a smile forming on her face. "Really? Please let him know I'll be in the drawing room shortly."

Quickly getting up from her desk, she straightened herself before leaving the study.

Dot bobbed her head and disappeared with a snap of her fingers, reappearing in front of Alphard. "Mistress will be in the drawing room, sir," she informed him with a curtsey.