𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖★

(𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐩 - 𝟐 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬)

𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟓 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫

The summer stretched endlessly for Walburga, each day feeling like an eternity. It appeared that her mother took a perverse pleasure in subjecting her daughter to deprivation and hunger.

Irma's disdainful glances and cutting remarks seemed to intensify with each passing day.

The once-vibrant halls of Hogwarts were now replaced by the cold, dimly lit corridors of the Black estate, echoing with the ghosts of ancestral expectations and unspoken family secrets.

Every day felt like a monotonous repetition for her. The routine was predictable – waking up, going downstairs to face her mother and father, only to find herself punished for seemingly trivial reasons as if merely breathing was an offense.

And every day, Alphard would mentally cloak himself in invisibility, as if he could shield himself from bearing witness to the deteriorating state of his sister.

The heartbreaking sight of Walburga's struggles became an invisible burden that he carried, a silent witness to the toll the oppressive summer was taking on her.

That was until news reverberated through the wizarding community like a shockwave:

Grindelwald had been defeated, and the one responsible was none other than Albus Dumbledore.

The news of Grindelwald's defeat sent ripples of both relief and apprehension through the wizarding world.

It was a significant victory, a testament to Dumbledore's power and skill. Whispers of the duel and the legendary feats performed in its wake echoed in every magical corner.

While the wizarding and Muggle worlds celebrated the defeat of Grindelwald, purebloods who had associated themselves with his cause were preparing to undergo a witchhunt.

The night of the defeat, Walburga had been in her room, engrossed in rereading her 'Hamlet' play until she heard an echoing scream emanating from her mother.

Immediately she grabbed her wand and ran to Alphard's room where he was with Cygnus.

The urgency in her movements reflected the gravity of the situation, and a sense of foreboding filled the air as she approached her brother's room. Pushing the door open she pointed her wand out; only to find Cygnus wide-eyed staring at her.

"Where's Alphard?" Her voice cracked with worry.

"He ran downstairs, we thought you were screaming," Cygnus replied, his words tinged with concern.

"Stay here." Before even finishing the sentence, she ran downstairs as fast as she could.

Another guttural scream echoed from her mother, intensifying the unease that hung in the air.