𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑★

(𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭)

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞, 𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟔 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫.

Soon enough the school year had come to a close and Walburga and Alphard were once again sent home. While neither sibling would say it out loud they knew of the silence that would welcome them instead of the authoritative nature of their mother.

As they entered the house, the usual silence would be accompanied by a palpable absence. The echoes of their mother's presence would linger in every corner, from the empty armchair to the untouched spaces that she once occupied.

Dot, had greeted them at the door. "Welcome home!"

The small, dedicated house-elf, with her large round eyes,  stood by the entrance, fidgeting nervously.

"Thank you, Dot," Alphard managed a small smile, his eyes reflecting gratitude for her effort to break the eerie silence.

Walburga, ever composed, nodded slightly in acknowledgment giving her a small smile.

"Dot is making dinner. Master's favorite," she said, trying to fill the void with a sense of routine.

Humming Walburga asked "Where is our father? He never arrived at the platform for us?"

Dot paused, her large ears twitching with uncertainty. "Master is in his study, Mistress. He said he had urgent matters to attend to. Apologies for not mentioning it earlier." She began to kick at the floor as she felt she failed them.

"It's okay, Dot. You've done a great job," Alphard reiterated, offering her a supportive smile. "Now, where's Cygnus? We've missed him."

Dot's large eyes saddened a bit as she responded, "Master Cygnus, is - is in his room."

Alphard's playful demeanor shifted to one of concern upon hearing Dot's words. Walburga cut him off before he could question the elf.

"Thank you, Dot, please take our things upstairs and we will be at dinner once it is ready."

Dot nodded, her large eyes still filled with concern, and she scurried out of the room to attend to her duties.

Both Black siblings began to walk up to their brother's room before Walburga opened it she gave Alphard a look "Try to be brotherly,"

Alphard, catching the meaning behind Walburga's look, nodded in understanding. "I am brotherly," he murmured to himself as they entered his room.

Inside Cygnus's room, a palpable air of somberness hung as the siblings entered. Cygnus sat on his bed, his gaze fixed on a distant point, a quiet contemplation overshadowing his usual youthful exuberance.

For someone so young, he seemed so sad.

Cygnus slowly looked up from his distant gaze, his eyes meeting those of his older siblings.

"Hey, Cygnus," Alphard said softly, taking a seat beside him. "We're back. Did you miss having us around?"

Walburga, standing gracefully beside the bed, added, "How have you been?"

The young boy simply stared at his sister and brother not bothering to say anything to them.

Alphard gave Walburga a side glance as if to say 'What do we do?'