𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓 ☆

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟗𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟓𝟏 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞.

Weeks had passed since the siblings had their argument. Since then, they had family dinners, pretending the heated confrontation had never occurred. The facade of normalcy draped over the family gatherings, concealing the lingering echoes of their unresolved difference.

Rumors among the pureblood Wizarding community had begun to spread, as expected of Orion and Walburga.

Paying no mind to them, she continued to make a home of her cottage. Feeling the autonomy she once craved, she found peace in the solitude, knowing Cygnus was safe with her father.

Alphard observed his sister, as she delicately placed a new vase filled with enchanted flowers on the windowsill. The dancing tulips seemed to respond to her touch, creating a captivating display.

At that moment, he felt a desire to freeze time, to capture the image of his sister with her guard down, smiling at the whimsical performance of the tulips.

Walburga, lost in the enchanting display of the tulips, spoke softly to her brother without turning her gaze away, "Do you recall the nights' father would leave after dinner? Mother would be so furious at me as if I were the one that forced him to leave."

Alphard's expression shifted, a mix of curiosity and concern as he watched his sister.

"I recall her yells."

She turned her attention to him as she continued, "Those nights were the worst. Mother's anger, her accusations... I used to dream of escaping her claws, and now - now all I have are dreams of her."

"Why are you speaking of this?" A frown appeared on his face as he remembered his mother.

Walburga met her brother's gaze, a mixture of pain and determination in her eyes.

"I suppose, I think I have a better understanding of her relationship with our father. My husband leaves after dinner now too, only I know where he goes."

Alphard's frown deepened, sensing the weight of his sister's words. Before he could try to comfort her a familiar pop appeared.

"Speak of the devil," he muttered as Orion entered the kitchen.

Orion glanced between the siblings, noticing the tense atmosphere. "Is everything alright?"

Sitting at the wooden table he glanced between the two siblings.

Walburga composed herself, offering a tight smile. "Just reminiscing about our mother. How was your evening, Orion?"

He sighed, the weariness evident in his eyes. "Another meeting with the Ministry. The usual affairs."

Alphard raised an eyebrow, his suspicion clear. "The usual affairs, or a rendezvous with your other commitments?"

Orion's gaze hardened. "My personal matters are none of your concern, Alphard. Although we have narrowed down Macduff's coordinates if you must know."