★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟓★

(𝟐 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟑𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟗 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

As winter made home, Walburga had gotten used to not sleeping; death and darkness seemed to haunt her dreams. Whenever she was awake all she did was worry for her son and husband, when she slept all she dreamt of was her son and husband. The wizarding world had never felt as dark as it did now, not even during Grindelwald's reign of terror.

Orion had been over-exhausted; his eyes lost the blueness that had once shone brightly.

Regulus was just the same; most nights it was the group of boys, Mulciber, Malfoy, and Snape that brought him home. He would push himself too far and end up falling behind leaving the trio to fight for him.

Crouch, even though he was welcome would only come for meals with Regulus and Walburga. He slept over when he and Regulus were partnered up. More often than not, he would stay at the three broomsticks. From what Orion had told her- the boy was punished by the Dark Lord for reasons unknown.

Even the Carrow siblings had stopped joining Walburga for tea. Voldemort had them preoccupied with sacking Muggle towns and torturing werewolves, all to further his cause.

It would be a lie to say that Walburga didn't grow to care for any of the young wizards that came and went.

In a rare moment, both Regulus and Orion joined her for dinner. The atmosphere at the table was heavy with silence. Walburga observed as Regulus grimaced in pain while attempting to eat, and noted Orion's struggle to stay awake as he resorted to drinking fire whiskey.

As she opened her mouth to speak, the sudden sound of apparition interrupted her. Before she could react, the hurried footsteps of someone entering the kitchen brought her attention to Lucius Malfoy.

Tears filled his eyes as he struggled to catch his breath, standing before the Black Family.

Lucius Malfoy paused, his gaze shifting briefly to Regulus before turning back to Walburga. "I'm sorry for the interruption, but my father requests your presence, Mrs. Black," he said quietly, his voice strained with emotion.

Walburga furrowed her eyebrows before looking at Orion who looked just as confused.

"What is it?" Regulus spoke up before she did, as his eyes glanced up at his best friend.

Lucius hesitated, swallowing hard before shaking his head. "I really must insist you come with me, Mrs Black."

With a quick nod from Orion, indicating his approval, Walburga stood up in a hurry, worry etched on her face. She grabbed Lucius's arm, allowing him to apparate her to Malfoy Manor.

As they landed, he hurriedly led her up the flight of stairs before pushing her into a large bedroom. Upon entering, she was met with shelves and bedside tables filled to the brim with potions and ingredients. Ignoring the healer in the room, her eyes immediately locked onto Abraxas lying on the bed.

Rushing towards his side, she took a seat in a nearby chair, her mind reeling in shock at his condition. She struggled to find the right words, she was in complete shock at his state.

The healer's words pierced the air, breaking the silence that enveloped the room. "Dragon pox," she announced from behind Walburga, her voice solemn. "Though not contagious, it has made its way to his bloodstream."

"I don't understand, he was perfectly healthy last I saw him!" Walburga practically screamed the words out into the room.

"No, he wasn't," Lysa interjected from beside Lucius on the other side of the bed. Her voice was strained, revealing the weight of the situation. "He knew, Walburga. He's known for about a year now. He knew how to hide it once he found out it wasn't contagious."