𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒★

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟓 - 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥.

The morning felt odd, Walburga felt eyes on her as she made her way to the great hall for breakfast

The morning felt odd, Walburga felt eyes on her as she made her way to the great hall for breakfast. It wasn't the usual wandering eyes and snide remarks she had been given- these were pity-filled looks.

She glared at all of the faces as she made her way to the long benches. The great hall was filled with whispers and people pointing at her.

The morning light streaming through the windows seemed to cast an eerie glow on the surroundings. Walburga tried to shake off the unsettling feeling and focus on her breakfast, but the curious glances and pointed fingers persisted.

She could hear fragments of conversations around her, but the words were elusive, leaving her with a sense of isolation.

Serving herself some juice she felt her patience beginning to wear thin.

It wasn't until she heard a group of Raveclaws begin to speak  "Looks like Nagel got away; though Pollux Black was able to kill Krafft. All it took was losing someone for the Blacks to realize they chose the wrong side."

"Will you shut it- she'll hear you," His friend replied. "She lost her mother last night, at least show some respect."

The revelation hit Walburga like a sudden gust of wind, leaving her momentarily stunned.

Standing up she turned towards the group of boys, her blazing with intensity. "What are you saying? Why is my father's name leaving your mouth?" she demanded, her voice cutting through the ambient noise in the great hall.

The Ravenclaws exchanged uneasy glances, realizing they had stepped into delicate territory.

However, the young fourth-year student, sensing the need for clarification, stood up and approached Walburga. In his hands, he held that day's edition of the Daily Prophet.

The friend, who had tried to hush the conversation, spoke up. "It's all over the prophet, Black."

He handed her the newspaper, and as she unfolded it, the front page revealed a headline that sent a shiver down her spine. "BLACK FAMILY MANOR ATTACKED: DAMIEN KRAFFT KILLED BY POLLUX BLACK."

The great hall, now silent with anticipation, watched as Walburga absorbed the information from the newspaper.

As her eyes read of the events that happened she felt fear creep up as she looked for mention of Cygnus. It wasn't until she read that Nagel had killed her mother that she looked up and saw all of the great hall starting at her.

Without a word, she left the great hall,  the newspaper clutched tightly in her hand. The bustling halls of Hogwarts blurred as she moved through them, each step carrying the weight of the news she had just learned.