𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐☆

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟓𝟏 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫.

The festivities stretched into the late hours of the night, with guests reveling in the magic-infused celebration

The festivities stretched into the late hours of the night, with guests reveling in the magic-infused celebration. The air was filled with laughter, music, and the clinking of glasses as wizards and witches indulged in the joyous atmosphere.

The garden, once enchanted for the ceremony, now sparkled with colored lights that danced in harmony with the magical energy of the night.

Most of the guests had moved into the great hall of the Manor to enjoy themselves in the grander decor of the celebration.

Walburga, standing off to the side, couldn't help but smile as she observed the scene unfolding on the dance floor.

It was a sight that brought a glint of amusement to her eyes.

"There she is, the lovely Mrs. Black"

A glass of wine met her eye line before he placed it in her hands.

"Please do not refer to me as that, Abraxas." taking the glass enjoying a moment of respite from the other wizards and witches.

His eyes looked her up and down before a smirk formed on his face. "You look truly enchanting tonight, Walburga."

She rolled her eyes at the compliment, not immune to his charm "I am sure your wife would enjoy hearing you say those words."

Abraxas chuckled, his smirk widening. "She would be lucky if I gave her an ounce of the attention I have given you."

Walburga's eyebrow arched in response to Abraxas's audacious remark.

Taking in his attire, she had the realization that the only other family who could rival the Blacks were the Malfoys; both in riches and beauty.

"You know how to make a woman feel special, Abraxas," she said with a blend of sarcasm and amusement.

Abraxas laughed, his charm undeterred. "It's a talent, my dear Walburga. One must keep the social fabric woven with intrigue and admiration. Though do tell me, where exactly is your husband?"

Walburga raised an eyebrow at Abraxas's inquiry, her composure unwavering. "Truthfully, I lost him once we both made toasts to our guests. You know how these gatherings go, Abraxas. People come and go like the ebb and flow of the tide."

Turning his head towards the crowd, he looked back at the bride, the smirk falling from his face. "I don't see my sister-in-law either. I did warn you that Eleanor would be a brewing storm."

Walburga's expression remained composed, but a flicker of concern passed through her eyes.

"I am sure the conclusion you've arrived at is incorrect, Orion perhaps needed some time alone."