𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟗☆

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟏 -  𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

It was nearing midnight when he arrived back the Grimmauld Place, she had been waiting for him

It was nearing midnight when he arrived back the Grimmauld Place, she had been waiting for him. Standing by the fireplace she stared at the as the fire danced, anticipation etched across her features. As the flames cast flickering shadows on the walls, the room seemed to hold its breath, caught in the quiet before a storm.

She could feel his presence enter the room as he spoke up, "You're still up?"

"Yes," she responded, her voice steady despite the turbulent emotions beneath the surface. Walburga turned to face him, her eyes catching the light of the fire. "We need to talk."

Orion's expression shifted, catching the gravity in her tone. "Talk about what, Walburga?" He took a step closer, his eyes searching hers for clues to the conversation that awaited.

Walburga took a deep breath, her gaze unwavering. "About Eleanor."

Orion's eyes flickered with defensiveness as he absorbed her words. "What about Eleanor?" he questioned, a guarded tone in his voice.

Walburga met his defensive gaze with a steady determination. "She came here today," she began, her voice measured. "Eleanor told me things, things that made me question what's real and what's not in our life." The weight of unspoken fears lingered in the air, as she waited for his response.

Orion's eyes flickered with a mix of surprise and apprehension. "What did she say?" he inquired, his tone guarded.

Walburga took a moment before responding, her words carefully chosen. "She claimed that you never left her, that you've been with her through all these years, especially during significant moments in our life, including the losses we've faced."

Orion's brows furrowed in a mix of disbelief and frustration. "Walburga, you know I've been here. I may not be perfect, but I've always been here for you and our family."

Her eyes widened as she felt rage and sadness spread throughout her body.

She placed her hands protectively on her stomach as if shielding the growing life within from the storm that raged in her heart.

"You need to understand, Orion," she began, her voice carrying the weight of the unspoken fears that had haunted her. "She claimed you've never left her, especially during the times when I needed you the most."

Orion's expression shifted from frustration to a mix of concern and confusion. "I don't know what she's told you, but I've always been committed to you and our family. I can't control what she says or believes."

"Don't lie to me!" her voice echoed through the home - knowing she would explode in anger she placed a 'silencio' charm on the room ensuring Sirius wouldn't hear.