𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓☆

(𝟖 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟎 -𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

"Will you at least stay and help me with—Sirius, no! Put that down!" She ran across the room and took away the cigarette box from the 8-month-old child's hands

The baby simply laughed and crawled across the wooden floor of the main room. Orion simply laughed as he bent down to grab his boy. "What are you doing lad?" he asked, his voice filled with amusement.

Walburga, on the other hand, threw the cigarettes on a table, grinding her teeth. Using her hands to fix her hair, she looked at Orion. "As I was saying, will you stay and help me with him? I hardly think it's necessary for you to go into the ministry every single day."

As promised, Orion had stopped seeing Eleanor the minute Walburga had made it to the end of the first trimester without losing a child.

As much as her happiness grew in having him with her, his absence remained. Even during her pregnancy with Sirius, he would leave, claiming work at the ministry was adding up.

A part of her was scared to ask of Eleanor, scared to think he was still with her while Walburga struggled with Sirius alone.

Orion stopped playing with his giggling boy to look at his lady, "You know our standing as a family has gone up because of my position at the ministry, besides you have Kreacher here to help you-"

She cut him off, "You know how I feel about that. You know I will not have a house-elf do my job as a mother for me. My mother did that to me—to my siblings. I will not have my son grow up seeing a house-elf as a parental figure."

Orion sighed, his eyes reflecting a mixture of understanding and conflict. "Walburga, I want to be here for you and Sirius, but the responsibilities at the Ministry are demanding," He looked down as Sirius laid his head on his chest before continuing.

"I don't wish to argue with you—I will be back for dinner, and then you can have the night to yourself, yeah? You can have a nice relaxing bath away from this one."

She sighed, the weariness evident in her eyes, but a flicker of resignation passed through them. "Fine, Orion. Dinner and a relaxing bath sound like a luxury these days. Just...just don't lie to me not when we have him here."

Orion's expression shifted, a touch of defensiveness crossing his features. "I'm not lying to you, Walburga. I have responsibilities, but you and Sirius are my top priority. I'll be back for dinner, as promised."

He walked over to her placing a gentle kiss on her forehead, a silent reassurance amidst the unspoken tension. He placed Sirius back on the carpet before he apparated away leaving Walburga with their son.

Sighing, she looked down at the boy whose wide dark grey eyes peered up at her. The boy had her eyes, her nose—he was truly his mother's son. 

"Lucky for you, I happen to be somewhat good company." Her smile dropped as he began to walk towards the table with the cigarettes.