★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟑★

(𝟔 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝐧𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟏 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

As the months went by Walburga was met with the stark reality of what she had done. Grimmauld Place was met with fierce arguments and children crying as she tried to be there for her mourning husband and sons.

Orion's sorrow manifested in bursts of anger and inconsolable grief. The loss of Eleanor Nott weighed heavily on him, a haunting specter that cast shadows on their once-serene home.

He would often close himself off in his study finding comfort in cigars and whiskey.

The heavy wooden door served as a barrier between them, a silent witness to the intimate struggle within. Often, as she lingered on the other side, Walburga would hear the muffled sounds of his cries. Each desperate sob echoed through the halls of Grimmauld Place, reaching her ears like a haunting melody of sorrow.

For her, these moments were a glimpse into the profound impact of loss, a realization that their lives had been forever altered by the events that unfolded.

It was a painful paradox – the woman who had orchestrated the plan to spare her family pain now found herself at the epicenter of their emotional turmoil.

She had tried to comfort him and be there for him but every time she tried they would only argue and call each other awful names.

More often than not, Orion sought refuge in his study, choosing solitude over the company of his wife. Their shared meals in the dining room became silent affairs, punctuated only by the presence of their boys. Walburga, exhausted from the emotional strain, had to coerce Orion into holding Regulus for brief moments.

Sirius, the toddler of the household, would often crawl to his father's study door, banging on it in his innocent attempts to seek attention. Occasionally, Orion would open the door, and the little boy would waddle into the room, filling it with the joyous sound of his laughter.

Walburga herself had become a mass of nothing as her boys would take up every minute of every day. Between trying to care for Sirius and taking Regulus to St. Mungos for check-ups she felt exhausted.

Sighing as she held Regulus in her arms she knocked lightly on her husband's study waiting for an answer.

The door creaked open, revealing Orion's weary face. His tired eyes met Walburga's, and for a moment, the weight of their shared grief hung in the air.

"What do you want, Walburga?" Orion's voice was devoid of warmth, a stark contrast to the once affectionate tones that had filled their home.

"Will you be joining us for dinner?" She asked as she readjusted Regulus in her arms ignoring her husband's coldness.