𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎★

(𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩 - 𝟑 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬)

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟒 - 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬

As the months came and went, news of Grindelwald's excessive crimes began to spread like wildfire throughout the castle.

Whispers and hushed conversations painted a grim picture of the dark wizard's actions, leaving an unsettling undercurrent of fear and uncertainty among the Hogwarts students.

With the Daily Prophet giving small glimpses of the pure hell of the world outside of Hogwarts, the castle walls became a sanctuary that shielded the students from the harsh realities unfolding beyond.

The headlines spoke of Grindelwald's ruthless pursuit of supremacy, the clashes between magical factions, and the mounting casualties.

Walburga, attuned to the currents of power and politics, observed the reactions of her peers. Some embraced the ideals of Grindelwald, seeing him as a champion of pure-blood supremacy.

Others recoiled in horror at the atrocities committed in his name, wary of the escalating violence that threatened the wizarding world.

In the confines of the castle, students began to gossip about which pureblood families were involved.

Whispers echoed through the corridors, and curious glances were exchanged in the common rooms.

The intricate tapestry of pure-blood alliances, once a source of pride for some, now became a subject of scrutiny and suspicion.

Students wondered who among their peers held allegiance to Grindelwald's cause and who resisted the pull of his dark ideology.

Holding her head high as she navigated her way through the halls, she made it to her Potions class. Upon entering, she was met with glances and whispers from the Gryffindors who were already seated.

The air in the classroom crackled with palpable tension as the Slytherin and Gryffindor students exchanged furtive looks.

Looking straight at Professor Slughorn, she kept her gaze on him through the lesson. Not looking away even once when she heard snide remarks from a group of Gryffindor boys.

During a particularly snide comment from the Gryffindor boys, one of them sneered, "Guess the House of Black is cozying up to Grindelwald these days. Planning a family reunion, Black?"

Walburga, without breaking her gaze from Professor Slughorn, replied with measured calmness, "I find my focus is better spent on my studies rather than engaging in baseless speculation. Perhaps you should consider a similar approach."

They completely ignored her and continued, one of them sneered, "Word has it that the House of Black is considering a merger with the Dark Arts. You're just preparing for your future, right, Black?"

Orion, sitting beside her shifted as the insults began to get under his skin.

Out of the two Orion was more level-headed - not quick to anger at least when it came to himself.

Walburga found it incredibly hard to keep her cool, especially around fools such as Finnigan. Despite the challenge, she knew keeping her composure was crucial; losing it would mean letting them win.

Orion on the other hand was just about ready to step in and defend her honor. In his mind the idea of attacks being thrown at him was fine, but at her? He wouldn't allow it.

Finnigan pressed on: "What's the mighty Black going to do? Cry to mommy and daddy?"

Sighing, she pivoted to confront the group. A wild look in her eyes mirrored the unsettling intensity of her mother. A gaze that spoke volumes of an impending storm.