VII

Eden

A day had passed since my first conversation with Gabriel, and two since Michael and I discovered my star. I haven't seen Steve show his face around in the building since last night, but I've seen flashes of his golden hair in some of the rooms. That I quickly identified as fitness centers.

Natasha had fitted me into some athletic clothing, and gave me a pair of footwear that implied that I was going to engage in physical activity.

Clint had been walking on eggshells around me all afternoon, almost like poking a stick at an explosive. Testing to see if I'll blow. He took me to a room similar to the ones I've caught fleeting glimpses of, and opened several cabinets.

"So today, if your first day training. But before we choreograph your daily training exercises, we have to determine your powers. How to harness them, channel them, and use them to defend yourself. I had noticed some telekinetic abilities, but we won't be able to narrow down an exact routine unless we find your strengths and weaknesses. So, take a lap." Clint said, motioning with his finger a circle and I noticed the white circle painted around the room.

"Run."

I nodded, and I took off at a steady pace, making my way around the room in less than 20 seconds, and Clint shouted.

"Add another 4, maintain your pace! Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth and focus on the ground ahead of you. Focus, don't derail your focus from anything but the ground moving beneath you." Clint said motivating, and after the second lap around, I felt my calves begin to burn, and my breaths were more quick and short, and through my mouth.

"Straighten your back, and breath in through nose and out through mouth, it improves endurance when running!" Clint said again, and I had followed his instructions, and I felt slightly better.

"Better! After you finish your fourth lap, get some water and walk over to the foam mats." Clint instructed, with a satisfied smirk on his face and I ran around the track again and headed directly to a bottle full of cold water.

Before I had reached the bottle of water, it had rose off of the counter it sat placidly on, and moved sharply over to my hand. It smacked my hand and dropped to the floor with a loud bounce and I gasped in shock.

"Anything wrong?" Clint asked from the other side of the room.

I slowly turned my head around, masking my face of horror terribly, and nodded.

"I moved that bottle of water. I just looked at it and felt a strong urge for it and it just levitated over to me." I explained, and Clint walked over to me with a satisfied smirk.

"So I was right, you do have telekinesis. Has this happened any other time before?" Clint asked, and I nodded once again, in fear.

"In my room. I was retrieving a book." I spoke softly, and Clint clapped me on the back gently.

"Alright, so now we can determine what a suitable fitness/training routine would be ideal for you. So far it's mainly just finding the source and type of your powers." Clint explained and I closed my eyes for a brief moment to listen if Gabriel or Michael were listening in.

"Alright, could you try to move that water bottle again? Perhaps lift it up from the ground?" Clint asked curiously, and I moved my head to look at it. It remained untouched, but movable.

"Yes." I murmured, and began to stare at it intensely.

I told myself I needed it, and fabricated an urge to bring it up to my arms. It vibrated, and I lost my concentration for a second. But then I brought my hands up, outstretched and ready to catch the bottle, and the bottle zoomed up to my hands and Clint clapped.