XXIII

WARNING SEXY TIMES ;)

Eden 

The android before us was similar to me. Manmade, new, curious. He was in shock- just like I was. He and I exchanged charged glances for a prolonged period of time, before he airlifted to the glass windows across the room. His eyes, although clearly not human, reflected a human sparkle to them that I could not decipher. A glimmer of hope, a burst of change. I attempted to follow him, my rage boiling over, but Pietro's grip on my waist was tight and unyielding. I ground my teeth together and continued to fight against him.

"Let me go! You don't understand! He's like me!" I shouted, sucking in a harsh breath through my teeth before deciding to unwillingly push Pietro aside with a blast of energy through my hands. I spared him an apologetic glance and I flicked Steve aside as well - just for good measure. I summoned my wings out of my back and with a soft push I flew over to meet the Android who was scanning his surroundings in aw. 

"You're not of heaven, you're of earth." I murmured to him, feeling quite amazed at how well he was reacting to everything. He turned around, now covered and draped, and nodded slowly. 

"And you, you are not of heaven but not of earth. It appears we are both someone new." He replied, sounding eerily like our dearly departed Jarvis. My hand flew to my mouth in surprise as I watched this new individual soak in terrestrial life.

"What did you do, Tony?!" Steve asked irritatedly from behind me, sounding as if he were finally scrambling to his feet. I tried not to let a smile curve on my lips, I must've pushed him quite hard.

"We reconfigured Jarvis' matrix to create something new." Tony said loudly, his brown eyes tracking the android as we both moved back to circle up with the group next to the broken cradle.

"I think I've had my fill of new." Steve scoffed, sending me a look full of anger to which I brushed off, and softly peeked at Pietro instead. The Android whipped his head around and found Tony after touching down with me onto the ground.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?" He asked, his voice being heard for the first time to the team. It was fluid, not at all electronic. Soothing. 

"You're not?" Steve accused, his electric eyes narrowing in contempt.

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not Jarvis. I am...I am." The android responded in earnest, and I found myself relating to this Android more and more with each passing second. 

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wanda countered, my wings responding to her comment by stretching further and the melody a low and cautionary one. However, deep inside I already found myself trusting this man, this android. 

"Look again." The android urged Wanda, but it appeared that she had no desire to flip through his mind and stumble upon a lie, judging by the curious look blooming on her face. It was beginning to feel all too much.

"Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Tony scoffed, fueling my growing annoyance towards his flippant attitude and I quickly turned around to flash the glowing bright light emitting from my eyes to get him to back off. It worked; he stumbled a few steps, and I turned back around to face the android to determine his true intentions. Which I do believe to be peaceful, and non hostile.

"Their powers. The horrors in our heads. Ultron himself. They all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash." The android explained, the stone itself glimmering in his own head. Was the serum that was placed in me derived from the mind stone? Pietro harrumphed and I resisted the urge to look back at him- I'd loose any and all gumption in front of the android if I succumbed to my desire to be next to Pietro right now.