XI

Third Person

The Avengers boarded the Quinjet, having unofficially named Eden as a part of their band of avenging heroes.

Steve sat next to Eden on the bench in the quinjet, watching as her thoughts consumed her. She didn't twitch in anxiety or seem to be nervous at all. Michael and Gabriel were in her head, speaking words of encouragement.

"You're smiling." Steve pointed out, causing Eden to snap out of her reverie and face America's poster boy.

Eden cocked her head to the side, with her shy but captivating grin on full display, and she spoke.

"I saw them for the first time, Michael and Gabriel. My brothers." She said, trying to conceal the level of her excitement.

There was a profound bond formed between them already, it felt as if it were a physical tether.

Steve returned a grateful smile to the celestial avenger, and placed a friendly arm around her. They sat together in a comforting silence; words couldn't do justice for the feeling of peace between them.

The Captain felt something for Eden. The desire to protect her, as if she were this fragile, and rare flower that needed to be defended from the wild.

Eden's smile grew by the second and she nudged Steve.

"When Ultron first attacked, Michael had threatened to come down from heaven and smite him." Eden spoke with pride, her heart swelling for her kin.

Steve chuckled, sighing with indiscernible emotion.

"It sure would've been nice to see him back there, I'm sure he packs quite the punch." He quipped, and Eden's eyes looked faraway for a moment, then she turned to stare at Steve straight in the eye.

"Michael said he knows. But the only issue is that all dimensional travel portals have been sealed off by Raphael. He said if he could come down, he would." Eden spoke on Michael's behalf.

Michael smiled inside of Eden's head, as he lounged in a white room that held the subconscious link to Eden's mind, the same room in which an hour ago they met. He clearly saw the feelings Steve had held for Eden, but they were all but romantic. Steve saw Eden as a little sister. Someone to hold himself accountable to.

Michael could trust Steve. His intentions were true and he held the strongest sense of morality out of the whole team. His trust was not in Tony though, the man of many words and extravagance. Tony's attempts to use Eden as a key to unlock the scepter, had not gone unnoticed by the Archangel.

"Thanks. I'll keep that in mind." Steve said, mildly amused. But the thoughts that were plaguing his mind, were all of the several possibilities of how badly this mission would end. Ever since Ultron made his introduction to the world loud and clear, Steve has no doubt in his mind that the team couldn't take on an Android that could dominate the Internet and use it as a weapon. Ultron most likely enlisted the alliance with the twins, and with those three paired together- there's no hope for the Avengers.

"Bruce- you're not going to hulk out as per your request, so you're staying inside the quinjet while Tony, Thor and Cap are going to negotiate with Ultron. i.e, fight their way until he surrenders. Clint, canvas the area, and keep a sharp eye out for the twins. I'll deactivate any traps, and clear the perimeter. Eden- you're going to bout bird's eye." Natasha said, assigning each of the team members their personal mission.

Eden nodded, anticipating the feeling of her wings being outstretched and the wind brushing each feather, and having nothing to focus on but the sky above her.