XV

Third Person

"She can't just disappear!" Tony cried, pulling at his hair as him and Steve hacked away at wood blocks.

"Apparently she can- she is an Archangel. Her power knows no bounds." Steve replied mindlessly, his brain wandering somewhere  else than focusing on chopping wood with Tony and trying to lay low.

Tony harrumphed, and brought his axe down onto the wood roughly with his pent up anger, and the block split with a satisfying crack.

"That may be just a fraction of the reason. Would if she left with those Maximoff circus twins?" Tony asked, grabbing another piece of wood and placing it on his pedestal, as Steve worked with no effort and chopped several blocks a minute.

"Perhaps she did run away with the twins. No one was to stop her- aside from her brothers. But that was the first decision she'd probably made, out of her own pure free will." Steve said peacefully, pausing to gauge his surroundings.

Clint's quaint farm made Steve feel temporarily at ease, but that soothing feeling will fall through the cracks of the overbearing weight of anxiety and restlessness, Sooner than later.

Tony scoffed dramatically, scrunching up his nose and cursing the Super-Soldier under his breath.

"Why, though? We gave her shelter, safety, answers. Why would she leave a stable environment for an erratic one?" Tony asked with conviction, halting his actions of chopping wood.

Tony stared at Steve intensely, and Steve met his glare.

"Sometimes what we learn, and where we grow isn't in a stable environment."

Tony rolled his eyes so arrogantly, he was surprised Steve couldn't feel it.

"Shut the hell up with your virtuous crap, Rogers. She was born- how long ago? Eden? A month at the most. She's an angel. With all the power in the universe with only you and the team to trust.  That's a deadly combination with those who aren't familiar with her."

~~

The Twins and their Celestial runaway crept through several villages and cities, not finding a single sign or evidence of Ultron nor the Avengers. This relief gave rest to the twins and Eden, and they settled in another dingy motel that sat on the outskirts of a hustling and bustling city.

"Wanda- your turn." Pietro said glancing up at the Witch, and Wanda sighed tiredly.

"Alright, keep her safe. We can't risk having harm done to her." Wanda instructed her older twin, and Pietro smirked with confidence.

"Of course I will, who do you think I am?" He said teasingly, and Wanda smiled just for a fleeting second at her brother's cockiness.

Wanda left in a haze, leaving only a red tail behind her.

Eden's heart picked up its pulse, at her sudden realization that she was alone with Pietro.

Before her mind could catch up with her mouth, words spewed out.

"How'd you know me?" She asked quickly, without sparing a glance.

Eden's cheeks were inflamed with a deep red, her brothers cracking up in her head.

I would enjoy the premise of having time where you two don't eavesdrop. Eden thought lightheartedly, but mildly irritated. Gabe and Mikey, as she fondly referred to them as.

Pietro let out a suppressed laugh, and he waltzed around the bed to sit, directly facing the Archangel.

The speedster picked up on Eden's nervousness around him, and he added it up to being along with him.

"This isn't a fond memory of mine of course- under circumstance I had to take care of you." Pietro said, his face falling from it's carefree façade.

Eden's ears perked, her curiosity overpowering her shyness.

Pietro spun his story of how he'd met the girl who'd steal his heart, the one with the fluffy ash grey wings and the white hair.

"First Injection! Mark it!" Strucker yelled at his lab assistant, the only sound permeating the room was the moans of pain from the girl.

She was transitioning from human, to Archangel. Little had Strucker and the girl known before the trials had started, the girl had already had Grace tied to her soul. The Grace that God himself crafted millennia before the universe was born.

That Grace was the part of her that had been there since God himself. It was destined for that girl's soul to die, for the Archangel could be born.

"Throw her into the cell with the boy! The twin is too unstable!"

Eden's eyes were glazed over, her eyes looking like the ones painted on a porcelain doll's. If you hadn't kept a finger on her pulse, she'd be declared dead.

One of Strucker's stronger cronies carried the unconscious body of Eden carelessly to the mutant's room, and flung open the door.

The mutant flashed over to the door, expectant for a meal or newspaper from his home, but instead of getting what he'd desired, he had in turn gotten something better.

"Это девушка, которую вы взяли?" Pietro asked, and the cronie grunted as reply.

The cronie placed the girl's body on the floor, leaving with the slam of the door and it's bolts.

Pietro leaned over the girl, examining her. She'd looked different from when he'd first seen her. Lifeless. Silent. Peaceful. Rested. But that was all to change in the matter of seconds.

Her eyes snapped open with jubilance, a bright white light growing from her pupils and dilating her eyes. A sharp squeal noise began, shredding the eardrums of all those who didn't cover their ears. It was heard all the way to North America, rocking some of it's west coast states with quakes.

That bright white light and the piercing ringing grew, and Eden was born. The other soul inside of the vessel screamed, dying violently. Ellis Charlotte Grayson was no more. Her soul left her body and the true vessel of Eden was released to her grace.

After the ear-bleeding ringing and the bright light diminished to nothing, the girl sat upright, staring at Pietro with bright eyes.

"Who are you?"

Eden listened with intent to every word Pietro spoke from his plump lips

"It was beautiful, the way you transformed like that. It was like the chemicals they'd forced into you had no effect, that was the real you." Pietro spoke softly, now moved directly next to her, their thighs touching.

He turned his head around to face Eden, his electric eyes boring into hers.

"I took care of you- you were потерял, lost." He said, before She let out a breath.

"Then why'd you leave me?" Eden asked, breathless at the minimal distance between them.

"I never did."

And that's when their lips met, in a glorious symphony.

~~

A/N:

AW YEAH SMOOCH IT UP YOU TWO! I legit wrote half of this in AP World, bc what we're doing is balls.

So this chapter was inspired by a tumblr fic that is super amazeballs, and is called "An Angel's Grace" it's rlly rlly good.

yours truly,

cate