X

Eden

"Eden?" I heard a familiar voice beside me, his warm breath tickling my cheek. My eyes fluttered open softly, feeling at ease. My eyes met someone else's, they were this swirling pool of sienna brown, with the occasional golden fleck. But nevertheless, the most breathtaking colored eyes I have ever seen in my life. But there was this deep rooted instinct that just told me that I knew this person. I've known him for my whole life. He means something to me.

"Michael." I whispered, and sat up from this plush couch that I was draped over.

Michael smiled broadly, and his lips curled back to show a bright set of glimmering pearly whites.

"Is this you?" I asked, in disbelief.

Michael nodded with a grin, and he could hardly contain his jitters.

I leapt out of my sitting position in the dreadfully comfortable couch, and wrapped my arms around his frame in a bone crushing embrace , refusing to let him go. His warmth surrounded me in a protective barrier, and I sighed loudly. I took him all in. His scent, musk and something that brought my mind to flowers and fresh grass.The vital beat of his rhythmic heart, and the way he lowered himself to bury his head into the crook of my neck. The feeling of love and acceptance just overwhelmed me, and I couldn't help but let tears fall. Finally. A family. People who'd take care of me. My brothers who'd show me the universe. My brother's who I would spend the rest of my life with.

Michael reluctantly released me from our embrace, his eyes too red with oncoming tears.

"I thought that it might be best to establish a personal bond, so that you'd understand why I'm overprotective." He explained, running his fingers through his lush brown locks.

"Is this your vessel?" I asked, and Michael nodded.

"Where's Gabriel? When do I get to meet him?" I asked anxiously, I longed to see my other brother who was accepting of me and caring.

Michael chuckled, bowing his head as he did. His laugh wasn't as jubilant as I expected, but it was beautiful. It was a wonderful sound that I could never get used to hearing.

"Gabe, she wants to meet you." Michael spoke humorously, as I heard a flutter of wings and I looked up to see my brother.

He had honey brown hair, that illuminated his whiskey eyes. He wasn't as tall at Michael, but his six golden wings made up for his height.

"Show off." Michael murmured, as I stood up in complete awe.

He walked quickly to over where I stood, my feet glued to the floor. I engulfed him in another bone crushing hug, grasping onto him for dear life. He smelt of sweets, and his hair was softer than silk. I held my older brother with such fierceness, I couldn't deny my tears anymore.

"Thank you- thank you." I whispered repeatedly.

Gabriel let go of me to face me.

"Why are you thanking us? We should be thanking you, little sis." Gabriel asked, brushing away some of my rapidly flowing tears.

"Thank you for your ongoing guidance- for your compassion and teaching me to be, me." I said with a grateful smile, sniffling as I wiped away my tears.

"Eden, you're our new sister. For eternity, or longer. Whatever Dad permits. But he created you for a reason. To teach us to be a family. To care for our kin. And fulfilling our true destiny." Michael said, walking over to us. His words brought me comfort and warmth, but could not soothe my raging thoughts over the other voices in my head. The ones that weren't as friendly.

"What about Raphael? Or the others? They're not as accepting as you are and I don't want to stir the pot-" I spoke all at once, my words rushed and frantic. But Gabriel had interjected.

"There's something you need to understand about Raph, Eden. He's Michael and I's youngest brother. He caught the tail end of Lucifer's uprising. That's when Dad left. he hasn't had as much- guidance- so to speak with other's that aren't alike to him. He wasn't taught the necessary virtue of valuing humans and protecting them. Instead he went vengeful. He's determined to take Dad's place." Gabriel explained, not easing my anxiety.

"But there's more of them. Who don't approve of me." I fussed, and Michael shook his head.

"Don't worry about them. They're all your brothers and sisters. They will learn sooner or later to respect you." Michael reassured me, and I smiled.

"Am I in a dream?" I asked in all seriousness.

If this were real, the team would be going berserk.

"Yes. It's the only means of communication that is face to face as of late. The portals between dimensions are guarded by Raphael's minions. Until Dad or I have regained control of Heaven, we won't be able to meet in bodily form. Unless there's a life threatening situation that requires our interference." Michael replied with a lopsided smile, a small but comforting gesture to soothe me.

"Who're Raphael's minions? Are they Angels?" I asked, trying to satisfy my hunger for information on my other sibling.

Gabriel chuckled, and shook his head.

"I think we've said too much already. Besides, you have to wake up. You've over slept just by a half an hour."

I began to panic, not waning to leave my brothers so soon after our introduction.

"Don't worry Eden, we'll see each other again very soon. Until then, we'll just have to mind link."

I bolted awake, glancing at Steve peering above me.

"There's been new developments in Ultron. We've gotta high tail over to Wakanda, Africa."

~~

"Nat- she doesn't have a suit!" Clint persisted, against the idea of me joining their mission to cap Ultron.

I'm strong. I'm aware of that much. But how strong Is what concerns the team and I.

"Clint, she's proven herself useful. Besides, Tony's taken the liberty of creating a compatible outfit for Eden that will comply with her wings." Natasha explained, whilst leading us to a room that held multiple articles of clothing that were all hung up neatly, and beside the clothing held their weapons.

My eyes fell upon this pastel pink dress that was pleated, along with a pair of white boots with black laces. There were also lace arm sleeves that had a hook that looked to be placed at the middle finger.

Clint scoffed, and shook his head in disapproval.

"You're not actually serious. Sending her out like that?" He asked dubiously, placing his hands on his hips, expectantly awaiting a valid answer.

"Her strong point is her wings. She won't need athletic clothing if she won't touch the ground. Tony believes that she's an innocent and naive figure- and should be shown that way to disable the enemy."

I listened to Natasha's words with intent, and walked up close to the outfit.

"I'll wear it." I spoke, grabbing the dress off of the hook, along with the arm sleeves and boots.

"Are you sure, Eden? By accepting that, you're walking into the line of fire. There's no backing down." Clint said seriously, looking me square in the eye.

"I can accept that."