XXVI

Eden

Pietro and I had a riot, exploring and causing mayhem all over the tower. But like everything in life, it had came to an end, much to our shared dismay. Pietro and I made quite the devilish team, which had not surprised me at all. We were each other's complements.

After we'd decided together to end our day of shenanigans, we both heard the sound of pounding feet up the stair well, and agreed to head to the main floor, where Steve said we would meet up in the morning. I was dreading it. I didn't want my precious time alone with my lover to end, as I feared that I may not get another time like this again. I dismissed my worries to the back of my mind whenever I fretted over Pietro like this - but they always seemed to return without fail.

Pietro and I witnessed the rest of the team, aside from Bruce, burst through the stairwell, all appearing sweaty and out of breath. Even Wanda looked exhausted, two which Pietro and I shared worried looks. He glanced over at his twin with a concerned lift of his brow and she stared at the both of us and shook her head, giving us a look that read do not engage and tilted her head towards Nat.

Natasha surveyed me with calculating eyes, looking me over once or twice before moving on to scrutinize Pietro with her harsh gaze. 

"Fancy seeing you two here." Natasha icily muttered, moving to run a terse hand through her slightly frizzy red mop of locks. 

"We slept in this morning, Eden was feeling unwell." Pietro nonchalantly answered Natasha's unspoken question with a casual smirk, and Steve looked at him untrustingly. I slightly jabbed Pietro in the side with my elbow at his lie- I wouldn't exactly say I was unwell.

"Could've set an alarm." He muttered, and Tony nodded in agreement.

"You missed some pretty excellent jokes at the expense of ol' Betty Ross here, which I all made ." Tony said, trying to lighten the mood.

Wanda moved closer to her twin, and tugged at his sleeve and motioned for him to follow her. Pietro glanced at me and I nodded with a small smile, and he leaned down and pecked me on the forehead.

"So what were you two up to while we were gone?" Natasha asked suspiciously, whilst grabbing a bottle of Gatorade from the mini fridge below the couch.

A slight blush swept over my cheeks and I shrugged, trying not to reveal what I was thinking.

"We took a tour of the tower while your were gone, we didn't know where you went." I said, and Steve scoffed.

"You could've used your abilities." Steve retorted and I glanced at him. He never spoke like that. At least to me.

"Or better yet, you could've sent out speedy Gonzalez to find us." Tony added, walking into another room, and I bit my lip.

You technically did oversleep, not you, but Pietro. Just tell them you wanted to rest up. Michael said, coming to my aid.

"I wanted to rest, not push either Pietro or I before we defeat Ultron." I said, and Steve gave me a strange glance, his blue eyes darkening.

"The whole purpose of the team going out to excersize, was to make sure we were all on the same page. To make sure we're all one unit, fighting against Ultron." Steve snapped and I stepped back.

Don't let him talk to you like that. Stand up to him! Gabriel shouted, his wings becoming flustered and the barbs began to protrude.

I furrowed my brows at Steve, and replied back.

"We made a mistake, but you have no authority to be condescending." I said, looking at him sternly, as his jaw taut.

He stormed off, and left everyone speechless. Clint followed him, sparing me a glance. It was soft, almost a glance of sympathy. But his eyes were cold.

I glanced at Tony and Natasha, not knowing how to react to Steve's outburst. Natasha looked at me knowingly, and she motioned me over to the couch. We sat down, and she looked me over once more and began to speak.

"Steve was worried. No- petrified of losing someone again. You were his, responsibility almost." Natasha vaguely explained, and I tilted my head in confusion.

Natasha's rolled, and she sighed in slight annoyance.

"When you ran away with the twins, he basically felt like his beloved dog ran away. I'm not calling you a dog but, to summarize it all, he was a wreck, and he's antagonized at the fact that you came waltzing back, in Pietro's arms." Natasha said, and I flushed.

"I ran because it was the first decision I made on my own. I had the privilege to decide something for my own survival." I vindicated, and Natasha smirked.

"You didn't leave just because he's a handsome devil, right?" Natasha murmured, and I flushed even harder. I shook my head slightly.

"It's more than that, it's intricate. Before I was- born- Pietro took care of me and aided me through one of the most difficult transitions. He knew me. And I hadn't experienced that before. The chemistry is tangible between us." I said, watching as Natasha's glance shift, her instinct telling her to gush. She pushed red curls behind her ears and gave me a grin.

"I'm overjoyed, Eden. You're the only one in the observable universe that could ever make light, literally, out of this situation." She said with a glint in her eye.

I saw a blue flash out of the corner of my eye and Pietro landed in front of me, a broad smile across his face.

"We have a few hours before we have to go, and I thought we should take a walk in the park." Pietro suggested with a wink and I glanced at the red-haired assassin and she nodded.

"I'd love to take a walk with you." I said, taking the hand Pietro extended out to me and he began to use his super speed to transport us to the park.

We landed smack dab in the middle of the park, underneath the lush foliage of what seemed to be Central Park. I took a deep breath and looked at my lover.

"Didn't think you're that fast." I said with a giggle and Pietro gave me a sultry wink.

"Oh you don't know that half of it, doll face." He said with a devilish grin. Sin sin sin. All I ever think about when I'm with this boy.

He clasped my hand, and we begun to stroll through the trail, slightly swinging our arms back and forth. I stole this moment to take a gander at Pietro, and take him in. When he smiled, he had dimples, and his eyes, would just shift into a lighter shade of blue, matching his exuberant personality.

You're figuratively giving me a damn toothache! Gabriel whined, and I snickered.

"What's so funny?" Pietro asked and I smiled at him.

"My brother just finds my human emotions puzzling. Apparently Archangels aren't that caught up on the emotion of infatuation." I said with a giggle, and Pietro looked up at the sky and began to speak.

"Well, I hope that you're alright with me courting your sister. She's a delightful being, and I plan to spend years by her side." Pietro said, and I blushed wildly, and hugged his side.

Now that you've acknowledged us, we're glad you're making our sister experience the variety of human nature and growing as an Archangel. Michael said in reply to Pietro's comment.

"They like you, and appreciate that you acknowledged them." I said to Pietro, and he pecked me on the cheek.

"It's all worth it in the end, I'd give anything, if it meant I could be with you."

~~