XX

Third Person

"I think we've overstayed out welcome." Steve muttered, as Clint and Tony argued over something he did not, or cared to know.

Steve was preoccupied. His mind raced. Eden was safe. She was out there somewhere. Some where far, some where near.

The patriot couldn't help himself- or his anxiety level that was bursting through the roof.

She was pure. Innocent. Didn't deserve to be apart of this fight. The fight between Tony, his creation, and the division of the team.

"Do you hear 'em? Quarreling like an old married couple." Laura, Clint's wife, said. She carried a laundry basket, that she settled on top of her bulging belly.

Steve tore his eyes away from the window, and looked over the kind woman.

"Don't worry yourself over her."

Steve flickered back his gaze up at Laura.

How had she known?

"Clint mentioned her. Sounds quite lovely. I hope I'd get to meet her one day."

Steve said nothing. He didn't know what to say. His mind was overrun with possibilities and opportunities and memories.

"Isn't it a gift from God? To have an Archangel walk among us? The love God has for us to allow such a miracle to grace this earth, is insurmountable." Laura said in a daze, her warm eyes sparkling with faith.

Laura looked at the troubled patriot. He was conflicted. Steve was remembering all the times Bucky had worried for him. How Peggy worried for him. And how he worried for them.

But Eden was far far away. And he knew that. And when he found her, she wouldn't be the same as when he had rescued her.

~~

"No! Stop this foreign feeling that is causing me to giggle and vulnerable!" Eden squealed, Pietro's hands working skillfully tickling her sides quickly, his speedy reflexes allowing him to move quickly.

"You've never been tickled my darling?" He asked partly in disbelief, but mostly humorously.

Eden shut her eyes and smiled, the corners of her lips drawn all the way up in a magnificent smile. The heavens seemed to be matching the glorious sound of her laughter. It couldn't compare to heaven's harpists. It was a jubilant symphony of silver bells. It was a noise that you wouldn't ever want to stop, you want that heavenly sound tho repeat for as long as you live, and you'd want to be the reason it was made.

"Tickling? Oh- such a curious word!" Eden sputtered as Pietro yanked more laughter from the white-haired archangel.

Her icy blue eyes glowed with joy, and temporarily, she'd forgotten who she was. What she was. And the world spiraling behind her.

"All you have to do is give me a kiss...." Pietro said in a sing song voice, puckering his lips.

The star struck lovers rolled around in the freshly laid snow, all white and fluffy, new and full of hope.

Eden scrunched up her porcelain white nose, and her full eyelashes caught miniature snowflakes, and Pietro wanted to save this moment in his memory forever.

He's never had this before- never had these moments to share with someone so forgiving and rejuvenating.

"My ardor for you is swelling in my heart. I would say soul, but I don't have one, being an archangel and all." Eden said with a sultry smile, and Pietro smirked.