XXIV

Eden

Pietro and I had made love, sweetly and intimately in that shower, just forgetting our lives for just one moment. These tantalizing moments were the best I've ever felt. We had dried off, and settled into some pyjamas, and found our way into bed.

Pietro's breaths became forced, and he was trying to stay above the surface of slumber.

"Don't worry, love. I'll be here when you wake up." I whispered, and Pietro shook his head.

"That's not what I'm worried about." He mumbled, and I moved downward into the bed, and placed my head onto his chest and listened to his vital heart.

"I'm worried that I'll wake up, and you'll be just a dream. Just a figment of my imagination." Pietro murmured, stroking my white locks. I smiled in the dark, my eyes wandering to the window, and finding my constellation instantly.

"If it were just a dream for me as well, it's one I don't want to wake up from." I said in response, and he smiled tenderly.

"Now sleep, I'll send you good dreams." I said, and Pietro leaned over and pecked me on my forehead, and then fell asleep as soon as his head crashed into the plush pillow.

I felt the door to mind swing open, and both Michael and Gabriel sauntered in, and I blushed.

Hm, a little warning before that could've been super!! Gabriel shouted half heartedly, and Michael snorted.

I'm going to safely assume that you didn't mate...right? Michael asked warily and I shook my head lightly.

I'd appreciate more time before I initiated such a sacred act. I defended with a small smile, and Michael let out a small sigh of relief.

Michael's kinda jealous because he hasn't found his Bella to his Edward yet. Gabriel quipped, and I could feel Michael smack Gabriel.

Hey! Watch the wings! The ladies love them!

What females have the superior senses to perceive them? Michael said with a laugh, and I stifled a giggle.

You two, hush! I'm trying to be as quiet as I possibly can. Pietro's sleeping. I said, and Michael smiled.

Because of that, I'm going to do my best to make you laugh. I'm funny. You'll be in tears.

Oh please, brother. How long has it been since you've made dad laugh with your Neanderthal jokes? Gabriel challenged him, and Michael smirked.

He's the genius that made the platypus.

I giggled softly, and I sighed to myself.

Why can't I join you, physically? I asked forlornly, and Michael's smile dropped.

There's not enough energy to be gathered in your dimension. We have to wait for a crescendo of energy for us to swoop in and grab you.

In other words, this is a sad sad sad place to be. There's no magic, therefore no moi. Gabriel said with a chipper smile and my face erupted into a smile.

No you would be dreadful. I said, stifling a giggle.

Wanna bet who's funnier, Mikey?

What would be the wager? I want to know what I'm up against.

Nothing. Just a friendly ol' challenge.

You're on, little brother. You learned all your tricks from me.