XIII

Eden

They seemed close. Pietro leaned in close to the red head, communicating wordlessly. The woman helped Pietro up, then turning quickly to glance at me with her eerie eyes.

"Come with us, we don't have to fight. We'll run away and be safe." Pietro begged Eden, softly encasing his hands around hers.

Eden had not made a single move to retract her hands from Pietro's soft touch. It felt- familiar. Warm. Love. Reds and Pinks swirled in her mind, as her body flushed with heat.

But she hadn't an idea what to respond. She couldn't just drop everything to run away with him. She'd only just met them. But her body told her that she'd known him. For a very long time.

"Pietro- don't overwhelm her." Wanda whispered, peering at the celestial being.

Eden furrowed her brow in thought, wondering if the right thing to do was follow Pietro and escape the pit of peril she knew that would surely follow if she stuck with The Avengers.

She nodded earnestly, squeezing his hand in reassurance.

"I know you..." Eden murmured, peeking into the mutant's electric eyes.

Pietro gave her a small smile, and looked back at his twin.

"Let's go."

Those words should've worried Eden. They should've sent her running over to Steve, who was now lying sprawled over the staircase, his eyes aglow with a violent red. But they didn't.

Pietro picked her up with no effort, running out of the cargo ship at the speed of light, while Wanda tried to enchant the Archer.

Hawkeye knew better, and got Wanda before she could capture his mind.

"I've tasted mind control before, not a fan." Hawkeye retorted, and Wanda fell into Pietro's arms, writhing from the electric shock.

Pietro gave one glare at the smug Archer, then ran back to where he secured Eden in the trees.

Eden had noticed the state Wanda was in, and she jumped to her feet.

"What happened?" She asked quietly, bringing her finger to her lip in curiosity.

Pietro had to hit his lip from staring at Eden for too long. He couldn't help but find himself attracted to her naive nature and her angelical beauty. He'd fell for her long before she became Eden.

"Uh- the archer had attacked her." Pietro stammered in his thick sokovian accent.

Eden's brow arched and she pursed her lips.

Clint? He wouldn't do such a thing. Or- would he?

"Are you alright?" Eden asked Wanda, and Wanda nodded.

"I'm fine. Let's just leave." Moshe murmured, and both Eden and Pietro couldn't agree more.

~~

Michael and Gabriel were screaming. Quite literally. Eden had put a mental barrier between her and her older brothers, and hadn't even realized it.

"We can't exactly fly out asses on over to that dimension!" Gabriel argued with his elder brother, fiercely pacing around the room.

"We're going to sure as hell try! We don't know if that- guy, is trying to abduct her or not!" Michael retorted, and Gabriel scoffed.

"Eden isn't that naive! She knows right from wrong!"

Michael rolled his eyes.

"She's barely a few weeks old, Gabe! Don't you think that she's had enough time to really adjust to that dimension? Or to the trillions coexisting?" Michael argued back to his younger sibling, rubbing his right temple with angst.