XXI

Eden

The nightmare I had convinced me that I had to be more mindful of the voices in my head. More mindful of who I involved myself with. It wasn't a nightmare I had- but a vision. And he was coming. And I don't know how to stop him.

"Love- you've been awfully quiet, are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Pietro asked, much more trusting of me now that I've told the truth.

I nodded with a gentle grin. But I can't tell Pietro what's happening, he couldn't possibly stop it. I need to find a way to join my brothers back in heaven. It's my rightful place. And I'm only causing trouble here. It's time the fight with Ultron comes down to the wire. And the Avengers must bring him down.

"No, I'm honestly fine. I think it's time we move. We're risking the lives of Heidi, Richard and their children if we don't leave soon enough. Ultron is on our trail." I spoke, the part of my mental state not entirely true, but I can push those thoughts to the back of my head. Which will be easy, mostly due to the fact that my mind has expanded 10x more since I've developed fully. I was never human. I was dormant inside of my vessel since the dawn of time.

Pietro's light grin fell from his face, and I bit my lip.

Smoooooooooth. Gabriel said with a chuckle, and I grimaced to myself.

Oh my Father, please, stop eavesdropping.

"You're right, Wanda's been holding them off for quite some time now. The fight's drawing us in already, might as let them pull us." Pietro suggested, rather intelligently.

I nodded in agreement, but my mind is elsewhere.

~~

Wanda wiped Heidi and her family's short term memories of us, and we had to unfortunately seal the area by falling some trees. We set out once again, barely staying in their cottage for 10 hours.

"Why are we putting ourselves back into the line of fire? Why couldn't we have stayed? I wiped their minds. They couldn't have known what had happened." Wanda asked, as she took another laborious step through the cold.

Pietro shook his head in disdain.

"I'm not interested in ruining that family." He muttered, squeezing my hand.

I looked at him with certainty, this was the right thing. This fight was doing to find us, blind and bloody, but we're prepared.

"Well, I'm not planning to ruin any. What are we doing? Waltzing right into the arms of The Avengers?" Wanda questioned, and I nodded.

"It's our best bet. Tony you may not trust, but the team is on our side. They're benevolent." I said, and Wanda rolled her dark eyes.

"To you, this might be our last resort. But I've got other ideas that don't involve those- pretentious assailants." Wanda barked, and I bit my lip.

Don't take that! Defend yourself! Michael barked in my head, and I scoffed.

"Well those 'pretentious' assailants saved me once. And nurtured me when I was confused and scared and alone! So yes, we're going to waltz right back to the Avengers." I snapped back, my white hair whipping around my face as a cold gust of wind blew right through it.

No one uttered a word after my sudden snap. Pietro chuckled slightly, but didn't dare speak.

Damn. Didn't know you had that in you. Gabriel said, and I stifled a giggle.

Me either.

I wonder who's going to name you upstairs. Maybe dad, if he's willing to take a pit stop on his eternal business trip. Gabriel quipped, and I rose a brow.

Gabriel. Michael warned, and I continued to focus on my journey with the twins, back to sokovia.

What, General? She's gotta be named. We fought dad's sister and got our names- our meanings. Sure it all went down the drain sooner or later, but you deserve your title. Gabriel said, and my mind wandered to what my title could possibly be.

"Eden?" Pietro's sharp voice calling me out from my mental conversation with my brothers.

I blinked once, and I glanced over at him.

"Sorry, I was- thinking." Pietro knew of my brothers, but Wanda didn't.

Pietro winked, and nodded.

"Wanda was mentioning something about Ultron. He was apparently up to something big now, he gave up on you."  Pietro said with contempt, almost relieved that Ultron had apparently decided to move onto greater things.

My brow rose is suspicion. I didn't utter a word, all the while my mind raced.

He's incorrect. Ultron's still on your trail. So is Hydra. But you can take them out with a single snap.

Ultron's just a hunk of metal.

Exactly, Gabe. That's why he's most likely after me. He knows that I harness the power he desires.

She's a million steps ahead of us Mikey, we're underestimating her.

"He had some ideas with the vibranium, and the cell manufacturing incubator. He had the scepter Loki user and had been pondering over the power it harnesses." Wanda mentioned, and my mind flashed back to when I caught a glance of the strange weapon in Tony's lab.

"What do you mean? Is he going to attempt to absorb the power or use it for his own?" I asked, and Wanda shook her head.

"Very powerful android, Ultron is. He wouldn't let me graze his mind long enough to understand what he was thinking." Wanda said, and my eyes glowed in a new idea.

"Maybe, if I could use my path finding abilities, I could track Ultron, and I could possibly build a telepathic bridge between us, one that can be easily maneuvered by me."

And by us. I'm supposed to teach you that. It's my duty. Michael added, and a small grin lifted the corner of my lips. 

"Sounds like a plan my love, after all, you do surprise us." Pietro said with a wink, and pecked me on my cheek. I blushed madly, and Gabriel spoke.

How do you know how to use your pathfinding abilities?

I guess it came naturally, with the help of Raphael.

Raph actually talked to you?!

Yes, he has before. But it wasn't ever helpful.

How come you've never told us? Michael chided.

I don't know. It was just very unfamiliar for me, I've only spoken to you and Gabe thus far.

Well hopefully soon, that'll change.

~~