XVII

Eden

We were on the move shortly after our little escapade in the motel. Gabriel was the dominant presence in my mind, but I began to feel several others. More like thousands upon thousands of others. But I ignored them.

"Pietro- where are we?" I asked in a silent tenor, as we trudged through the bitter cold snow that stuck to the forest floor.

Pietro shrugged, but squeezed my hand with reassurance.

"Ne'er to fear моя любовь, I'll protect you." Pietro said with a cute smile, his lip curling back and revealing his pearly whites. His lips although were tinted blue by the temperature, were still pink and plump, and tasted exactly what they had looked like.

I desperately wanted to kiss him again. Every moment spent intertwined with him made me feel whole.

"If we continue on like this, Pietro, we'll freeze." Wanda huffed, but Pietro shrugged.

"Not me, or perhaps Eden for that matter. You, will." He quipped, and she glowered darkly at him.

"I'm not in a joking mood." Wanda said, and Pietro shook his head with a grin.

"When are you ever, dear sister?"

I assumed this wasn't my place to say something, so I walked quietly hand in hand with Pietro.

"We need to find shelter."

"Wasn't it your idea to trek into these woods? 'Ultron wouldn't have a brain if he came traipsing in here to look for us', you said." Pietro said sassily, and I stifled a laugh. Another thing I loved. He made me laugh. Something I had to acquire as I aged. Perpetually I wouldn't ever age, according to Michael.

"I could possibly forge the area. I mean- I have so many gifts, pathfinding might be one of them." I suggested, and Pietro flashed me a toothy smile.

"This is possibly the greatest idea I've heard in quite a while. Give it a shot, my love."

I blushed at his pet name for me, and we paused in our steps and I closed my eyes and wracked ,y brain to find a path or lead.

You're a smart one. I wouldn't have pegged you as so abnegation.  I heard a different, but familiar voice in my head.

Raphael?  

Outwardly emit rays. Envision them. Feel their texture. Imagine their color and vibrancy. It helps if your arms are extended and fingers separated.

I did as he instructed, and visions of this peaceful light pink came to my mind, and I projected them outward and I opened my eyes as information flooded through me.

" A mile and a half northwest, there's a cottage habited by a young couple with three young children. They'll happily house us."

~~

"I'm not knocking Pietro. I don't think I have it in me to ask these innocent people to shelter us." Wanda murmured, and I stepped forward to the front door. Inside I could hear the soft whistles of the children's breaths as they slept, and the parents cuddled up by the fireplace, discussing their future.

I raised my hand up to the solid wood door and rapped on it a few times, and stepped back to be beside Pietro.

A large man opened the door, about 6'4 in stature and brutish, but held a kind and paternal air.

"Извините, что беспокою вас в этот час , но мои сестры и я в опасном опасности , и будет навсегда в вашей задолженности , если вы были в дом нас только на одну ночь ?" Pietro asked, and the man stepped aside and ushered us in quickly.