Thirty-One

"Oh, you did not." said (Name) with wide eyes as she stared at the paper in her hand.

"I totally did." smirked Sasuke and snatched the paper out of her hands.

"We were supposed to do this together." hissed (Name).

Sasuke had gone ahead and submitted their essay which he had written on his own. He had stayed up late at night after his visit to Shion's place just to complete the essay. He remembered some of the points which (Name) had listed and then cancelled out. He had tried his best to include those points in it too.

"I don't see the point of it if you're ignoring me." said Sasuke as he glared at (Name).

She glared back at him. Surely, they - or he - had gotten an A grade on it, but (Name) was not very happy about it, not because she believed that she would have managed to get A+ - which she totally did - but because she did not want a grade for something she had not written.

"And whose fault is that ?" said (Name) as she snatched the marksheet out of Sasuke's hand and marched towards the teacher's room. "I'm going to talk to Kakashi-sensei about this."

"(Name), wait." said Sasuke as he jogged up to her side and took the paper from her. "I said-- I said that I'm sorry, alright ? I was insensitive, but that's because I didn't expect you to react that way, and if I knew, I wouldn't have asked you about it. But you never tell me anything. So how was I supposed to know ?" he said.

(Name) stopped and looked at him. He was looking away with a scowl on his face and a slight blush.

"I really did not mean it. I am sorry." said Sasuke, again.

(Name) blinked a few time. Sasuke was as taken aback by his apology as (Name) was. Uchiha Sasuke apologizing sincerely was the last thing she had expected, but it had happened anyway.

By then, a little crowd was starting to form around them. It was break time and the corridors were filling with students.

(Name) looked at the people around them. They seemed confused but curious nevertheless. She and Sasuke were noisy enough to get their attention. Besides, they did not need a reason to crowd around Uchiha Sasuke.

"It's alright." said (Name) while pulling Sasuke away from the crowd. She stopped at the end of the corridor which was relatively less crowded.

"You want to know about it ? Then, here's what happened; my mother abadoned her family - us - for her business. We did not hear a word from her for years. Now, she comes in and wants to be involved in our lives after all this time. How do you expect me to be okay with it ?" said (Name).

Sasuke blinked. But it was exactly as Shion had told him. He had never seen (Name) so out of her character. Gone was the calm and collected person he knew. She was breathing deeply to calm herself down.

"I- I never said that you should be okay with it." he said.

He stood there awkwardly till (Name) calmed down. (Name) sighed.

"For once, you're right, and I over-reacted. You didn't know anything. I apologize too." she said with a small frown.

Sasuke stared at her as a small smirk formed on his face.

"You can make it up to me by saying that Uchiha Sasuke is fabulous. Yes, I know, I am very kind and forgiving." he said.

"Yeah, right." (Name) scoffed.

She glared at him and took the paper back from him again.

"Let me talk to him about this." she said and stomped away.

She couldn't help but feel a little elated about it. Never had she thought that Sasuke, or anyone in that matter, would've been bothered that much about how she felt. She realized how she treated others, and only very few understood her behavior.

Sasuke stood watching her and wondered while trying to hide a small smile himself. Why had he been bothered by the way she was ignoring him so much ? Why was he feeling so happy now that she was talking to him again ? Since when did he start caring so much ?