Twenty-Two

Sasuke sat near the window and sighed wondering why he had come early in the first place. It was Kakashi-sensei's period and he was rarely on time. Sasuke would've easily made it before him even if he had come at his own pace.

Sasuke stared outside the window. He saw too figures walking to the gate. Actually, one of them, seemongly the older one was pulling the other. He leaned closer to the window and squinted to get a better look.

(Name) !

Sasuke stood up with a very unpleasant noise of his desk and chair.

"Uchiha Sasuke, what's wrong ?" asked Kakashi. Sasuke turned towards him and raised his eyebrow. He never saw him coming.

Sasuke looked back out the window and saw (Name) entering a car. The car sped off. Sasuke looked back at Kakashi and slightly shook his head.

"Nothing." he said and sat down.

"Hey, Sasuke, how about we----"

"Sorry, Naruto, I'm in a hurry." said Sasuke as he left the class in a hurry. Finally school over and he could fing out who that woman who was dragging (Name) out was. Naruto pouted as he watched Sasuke run. He had planned a group date and to get the girls to come, he had said he would bring Sasuke along. Naruto sighed.

Sasuke first went to (Name)'s class. He opened the door and crashed into Kiba who was leaving.

"Ou-- Oh ! What a surp--"

"Where's (Name) ?" asked Sasuke, grabbing Kiba's shoulders and shaking him back and forth. Kiba got out of Sasuke's grip and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well, she skipped all the classes after lunch - which is very unlike her. Nobody heard a word from her, but why do you--"

Before Kiba could finish, Sasuke had dashed off again. Kiba looked at him and scowled. Sasuke hadn't even let him finish.

Now the only place Sasuke could think of was (Name)'s house. He couldn't understand why he cared so much. Of course (Name) wasn't kidnapped. What kind of a kidnapper kidnaps people in broad daylight on open grounds from a school ? Besides, even if she was, the kidnapper would regret it soon because of what (Name) would make him go through.

(Name)'s house's lights were off. Sasuke walked up to the door and knocked loudly. After getting no answer, he rang the bell continuously - something which annoys people.

Still, nobody answered.

Sasuke went to the windows and peeked inside. The curtains were drawn but there was a small gap enough for him to look inside. He could see (Name)'s living room and a part of her kitchen. Only a lamp was left on and everything else was quoet. It didn't look like (Name) was home. Sasuke sighed. Maybe she did not go home after all.

Sasuke considered going to the public library and the supermarket or even Shion's house, but he didn't. Why should he bother ? Nothing could happen to her, Sasuke was sure.

Before he knew it, he was standing outside his own house. It was dark. A car was parked outside. It did not belong to the Uchiha family. Sasuke sighed and opened the door.

Actually, he didn't. Somebody else opened the door before he could. A woman did.

"Oh, the liitle Uchiha. Did I surprise you ?" she said. She wore a business suit and carried a small purse and also had some papers in her hand. Sasuke could not see her face properly because the light was coming from behind her. But he was annoyed by the fact that she called him 'the little Uchiha.'

The woman held out a hand which Sasuke surprisingly shook. He could see her face better now, and it had a small smile which wasn't real but neither was it fake. Nevertheless, Sasuke glared at her.

"I would love to get to know you better, but I don't have the luxury of time." she said. She softly patted Sasuke's head and left. Her heels clacked against the pavement. She walked to the car that Sasuke didn't recognise. A chauffuer came and opened the door for her. The car sped off, and Sasuke just stared. Maybe... Maybe she was the woman that---

"Oh, Sasuke, it's so dark ! Why are you late ?!" Mikoto pulled Sasuke inside the house.

"Hn." said Sasuke. He noticed many pairs of shoes and at once he knew they had guests.

"You know, Sasuke, just now--"

Saauke cut her off bye walking to his room. He was in no mood to entertain guests. Some woman had just treated him like a kid.

Mikoto noticed that Sasuke was heading towards his room. "But, Sasuke, there---"

Sasuke ignored her and went to his room, slamming the door behind him.