Forty-Five

"Be careful, Sasuke ! I know I haven't exactly been the best to you but you wouldn't want to kill me, would you ? Don't let me fall ! I don't want to die this way. You can't possibly hate me enough to want to kill me. I swear, if you do, I'll return as a ghost and haunt you forever. You won't be able to live it down. I will--"

"Will you shut up ?" Sasuke cut Shion off in the middle of her rant. He rarely raised his voice, so when he did, they knew he was not to be messed with.

"But please don't let me fall." Shion said softly as she clung on to Sasuke.

Sasuke was carrying her up the three little steps to (Name)'s door. She had been discharged only a few hours ago. Itachi had driven them over - it was one awkward drive - and immediately left as he had something to attend to.

(Name) was standing inside with Shion's wheelchair ready for her. She had carried it inside while Sasuke struggled with Shion. (Name) was also holding the crutches the doctor had given Shion, but which Shion refused to use.

"Why should I trouble myself with walking when I can easily wheel around ?" she had said. But the crutches were for situations when she couldn't use the wheelchair, like when she was climbing up the steps. (Name) knew that Shion was only throwing a huge tantrum about using crutches because she loved to trouble Sasuke and wanted to make him carry her with the weight of her casts.

Sasuke walked up to the wheelchair and placed Shion down gently, careful not to hurt her leg. He made a show of being out of breath and stretched his back and shoulders.

"You weigh around a tonne." Sasuke commented while narrowing his eyes down at her.

"You're a weak little girl." said Shion as she smiled sweetly at Sasuke. She wheeled herself inside before he could reply. Shion knew she'd won. At least the smirk on her face said that.

Sasuke glared at the back of her head as she made her way to her room. He heard (Name) snickering at him, and turned to glare at her too.

"Weak." she mouthed at him with a smirk on her face before following Shion inside.

"Hn." Sasuke scowled deeply and went outside again to bring the rest of Shion's stuff inside. The sisters were using him as a handyman and he was letting them do it too.

He sighed as he kept the duffel bag near Shion's door. Sasuke didn't want to make the mistake of going inside again. It would make his eyes bleed. All the pink in her room made him sick. He didn't have anything agaisnt the colour or Shion's preferences; he couldn't care less. But too much of it made him cringe.

Just then, (Name) stepped out of Shion's room.

"All that pink will make my eyes bleed." she muttered under her breath. It was as if she just noticed Sasuke because she looked surprised to see him standing right outside. But she got over it in mere seconds. She looked down at the bag beside him and then turned back to him.

"Why do you look so surprised ? Close your mouth before you catch flies." she said to Sasuke. She picked up the bag and took it inside.

Sasuke immediately closed his mouth. He had not wanted her to see him with a dumbfound look on his face, but her words had surprised him. She'd spoken his mind.

(Name) came back outside but stopped in her tracks when she found Sasuke still standing outside the door.

"Why are you still standing here ?" (Name) raised an eyebrow and rested a hand on her hip. Sasuke looked at her and simply shook his head.

"You can come inside, Sasuke. Don't be so shy." Shion called from inside. Sasuke simply rolled his eyes, even though he knew she couldn't see him as the door was only slightly ajar. Even the little glimpse of the pink furry carpet made Sasuke cringe.

"No, thank you. I'm fine without all that hospitality." Sasuke said. He'd rather stand on the porch than enter the pink hell.

"C'mon, let's play Scrabble or something." Shion insisted.

"We'll be right there. I'll get you something to eat." (Name) answered instead of Sasuke. She made the better decision of telling Shion that she was getting her food instead of asking her what she wanted to eat. Shion's cravings were weird and endless, and she also had the injured card to pull. (Name) knew she wouldn't be able to refuse her, so she avoided asking her in the first place.

She closed the door behind her and made her way to the kitchen. Sasuke followed her. (Name) started going through the cupboards to look for something Shion could eat. It was just before noon - an odd time to have lunch and Shion had already had her breakfast.

(Name) looked deep in thought as she stood staring at all the vegetables in her fridge. Sasuke watched her as she kept thinking of what she could make for Shion. She looked a little worn out to him, probably because she had been running to and back from the hospital continuously for the past few days. Since Shion was definitely planning on staying at (Name)'s until things with Itachi get sorted out, (Name) only had busy days ahead.

Sasuke felt oddly angry with his brother. Whatever happened was between him and Shion, and yet others were facing troubles due to it.

After a few more moments of staring at eggs, milk and some leftover food, (Name) shrugged - an action which Sasuke comprehended as her giving up.

"I'll just make her a salad." (Name) mumbled. She wanted Shion to eat healthy, at least when she was recovering. Shion led a very unhealthy lifestyle usually. She wouldn't eat healthy unless she was given no way out of it.

Sometimes, (Name) felt as if she herself was the elder sister.

She started chopping up the vegetables. Sasuke sat across her and watched her as she concentrated.

"I could help." he offered, rather awkwardly. He wanted to help her but he knew she wouldn't accept it.

"I don't need it." (Name) replied, without looking up.

"I mean it." Sasuke insisted. He wanted to show her that he could help in the kitchen too, if that could impress her.

(Name) looked up. "I told you I don't--" she paused midsentence and inhaled sharply. Sasuke followed her gaze and saw her finger bleeding. In the short moment when she had been distracted, she had cut her finger. She stood up quickly and held her finger under the running tap. Sasuke was by her side immediately. He smirked at her.

"Should have taken my help." He said.

She glared at him. "You distracted me."

Sasuke smirked wider. "Don't blame your own shortcomings on me."

(Name) scoffed and rolled her eyes, but chose not to reply. She knew she had been careless.

"Hey, does it hurt ?" Sasuke asked as she winced slightly.

(Name) shook her head. "No. It did bleed a little but it's just a small cut." She reached up in a cupboard above the sink and took out a bandaid. After putting it over her cut, she turned to return to her chopping board.

But Sasuke beat her to it. Slightly pushing her away, he said, "You have shown your capabilities." He pulled a chair for her and pushed her down when she refused to sit on it. "Now, sit back and let me show you how salads are made."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Just because]
Alternate scenario:

(Name) looked up. "I told you I don't--" she paused midsentence and inhaled sharply. Sasuke followed her gaze and saw her finger bleeding. Immediately, he took her bleeding finger in his hand.

(Name)'s eyes widened as she realized what he was going to do. "What are you--" Before she could finish her sentence, Sasuke brought her finger near his mouth and licked the blood off.

He looked into her eyes. His gaze was so intense that everything (Name) wanted to say got stuck in her throat. She wanted to look away, but she couldn't. She was captivated by his eyes.

"Let me kiss it better for you." he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:- lmao. There wasn't anything interesting in this chapter so I added the alternate scenario to spice things up. It just came in my mind and I just /had/ to write it. I know both of them are really OOC and that's why it's not the original scene in the chapter. I felt awkward writing it but I was also laughing out really loud. It's just extra. Not to be confused with the story.